This is the Message Centre for invisibleknight

FINALLY logged back in

Post 1

invisibleknight

Bloody stupid effing changeover.

You think the BBC would have had the common sense to WARN users of h2g2 & its other sites requiring a BBC login that they were changing everything.

No such sensible idea occurred to them.

All I know is on my last login I came here, made a post and closed my browser then came back the following day and everything had gone to hell in a handcart.

I've never actually known my password, or even my sign-in name. I've always logged in often enough for my browser to retain those cookies and I NEVER EVER log out.

So what was I to do when I couldn't remember my details, the site refused to acknowledge my email address even existed (which incidently it happily confirmed as correct mere moments ago - doesnt exist my @r$e you lying little sh!t.

At least now I am back online smiley - winkeye

In future BBC when you change things give us users some advance notice.

FINALLY logged back in

Post 2

Vip

Subscribing to A639056 would probably help - although if you haven't logged onto h2g2 for a while that might explain why you weren't aware. smiley - smiley Unfortuantely they couldn't email everyone because all the addresses would have to be copied and pasted individually by hand. smiley - yikessmiley - headhurts

Welcome back, by the way - we've never really spoken much but I recognise your name and it's always good to have Researchers back in the fold.

See you around,

Vip
smiley - fairy

FINALLY logged back in

Post 3

invisibleknight

Perhaps if Mr Reynolds had truly wanted to be helpful he would have put that message on the front page of the Guide every day for 2 months so we saw it?

it'll be interesting to see how many of my friends manage to make it through the stupid changeover process that not only said my email address didnt exist but then happily acknowledged it as correct & even sent the confirm email there when I did the changeover.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for invisibleknight

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more