This is the Message Centre for tdbiii

Guide to the Galaxy

Post 1

tdbiii

What I imagined in a guide to the galaxy is tips on how to survive wherever you are.
In other words I was expecting an entry on say France. With stuff about France in it. Then you can choose which city with stuff about that city/province whatever.
Well what I am trying to say is that what a hitch hiker's guide is, is not a guide to molecular biology (not that that is not usefull to have aswell) but mainly information about places, what to do there, how to survive there, etc. I really miss that a bit in the guide.
But all is not lost, I had an idea how to fix this:
Who know the most about a given town? The people that live there obviously!
So if those people all worked together on an entry about there hometown, we would have a lot of wonderful information about nearly every town in the world.
That's why I think there should be a university of The Universe (as opposed to Life). Where field researchers work together on entries about their town/country/city/province/state.
So let's get going. start it up, send an e-mail to every reporter that we want cooperation and you will have inside information about evey place on Earth!

Guide to the Galaxy

Post 2

GAHD, Misspeller of Words, Keeper of Things that never were and have yet to be;

much agread, though you'll admit that the original(fictional?) Guide also contained enries on the triple-brested whoure of Eroticon 8(is that the right number?) how to make a trans-galactic-gargle-buster, and all in all fairly useless info, wait which guide am I talking about again....smiley - huh

Guide to the Galaxy

Post 3

Researcher mim

no its 6
and its a gargle blaster

Guide to the Galaxy

Post 4

Researcher mim

possibly 4

Guide to the Galaxy

Post 5

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

you were right the first time, 6.

Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 University' to 'ME?!'.

Not a University Project - Back to User.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for tdbiii

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more