This is the Message Centre for Cynthia

Art and smileys

Post 1

Inkwash

Are you a good person to come to to ask about smileys then? Questions such as "Could we have a [....] smiley?"

Also, when guide entries are edited (I haven't had one done yet, but the one I'm about to have edited features a photo I took) do the pictures necessarily have to be from the H2G2 art archive?

Inky.

Art and smileys

Post 2

Cynthia

Hi Inky,

Smileys: Yes, we're open to suggestions. If we do accept them, I can't promise when they'll be done as it depends on how busy we are at this end. They may get 'put into a pot', to be done at a later date, but please fire away smiley - winkeye

Photographs: You're free to add your own copyright free images to any entry you write and if they are edited, we certainly consider using images which illustrate a point as well as, or better than an illustration would. We also rescale images to a maximum width/height of 200 pixels to ensure uniformity and balance of the images with the text. So bear in mind that if you have say, a large image with a large group of people which you'd like to be used in a edited entry, their faces may not show up when the picture has been reduced to 200 pixels height/width. Most of the time this isn't a problem though.

I hope that helps.
Cynthia

Art and smileys

Post 3

Inkwash

It does, cheers!

I was loooking for a mouse smiley, and for a crafty grin smiley.

The photos I have are all of places, and I've tried to reduce them to about 200x300. No copyright on them as I took them myself and didn't bother to try and *own* them. The image files for Europe didn't have anything I could have used for those places.

Ta!
smiley - smiley

Art and smileys

Post 4

Cynthia

I completely understand that you want to use the right images and if you're able to take the time to illustrate your piece, all the better smiley - winkeye

I'll pass the smiley suggestions on so that the others are aware of them. Many thanks for that smiley - smiley

All the best,
Cynthia

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cynthia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more