This is the Message Centre for BuffBillsFan

Hello, and Welcome from Your ACE

Post 1

J

smiley - dontpanic

Hello, I'm your friendly local <./>ACE</.> (Which stands for assistant community editor) the welcoming commitee for h2g2 smiley - smiley. So, <./>Welcome</.>!
I'm a real person, not a machine, so I can help you and if you find that you have a question. For instance, if you want to know what to do with a piece of writing you've just cooked up, I'd be happy to help you with that. No question is too big or too small.

There are lots of things to do on h2g2. Try clicking on some of the links below to find your way around smiley - smiley .

-smiley - tea If you want to join one of the many many clubs or societies here, you can find them here - A660340

-smiley - tea Some of the slang thrown around the forums of this site can be rather confusing, but it's all defined at A754490

-smiley - tea If you need a general introduction, you can find it at <./>Dontpanic-tour</.> and A719840

-smiley - tea Browse the Edited Guide at <./>C889</.>. The Edited Guide is for non-fiction entries, which must fit into the Writing-Guidelines. That isn't to say they're boring though. There's a lot of humor in them and many of the entries are very interesting. Newer entries can be found on the <./>FrontPage</.> and at the <./>month</.> page.

-smiley - tea - If you want to help further our dream of a strong, interesting Guide by writing such an entry, please read over the Writing-Guidelines. When you're ready to submit an entry, let me know and I'll help you to the best of my abilities.

-smiley - tea If fiction or general creative writing are your field, then you'll find yourself at home at the h2g2 Alternative Writing Workshop - <./>RF5</.>. The h2g2 <./>UnderGuide</.> and other group collect quality entries from there to show them to the world.

smiley - tea - Another good place for the reading and writing of creative works is <./>ThePost</.> smiley - thepost

-smiley - tea If you've come to h2g2 because of the new Hitchhiker's movie, some entries that may interest you are A943184, A550955 and A2642384

If you have any questions, just click 'Reply' and I'll do my best to help you smiley - ok I'm fairly experienced around these parts, so there's a pretty good chance that I will at least be able to answer a question or ask someone 'in the know'. I hope, anyway. smiley - smiley

Lastly, remember that the most important thing is to enjoy yourself. smiley - rainbow

Jodan

Key: Complain about this post

Hello, and Welcome from Your ACE

More Conversations for BuffBillsFan

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more