A Conversation for The Joy of Eating Toast

The Joy of Eating Toast

Post 1

Rod

Hi - nice one...

Para: The Time for Toast
-item 1: Now now, no savor please, some of us here are british! - try 'savouring'?
-item 2: 'your feeling peckish' -> 'you're'

Para: Eating Methods
-item 1: 'dipped into your compliment of choice', 'condiment'?
-item 3: 'type off bread', 'type of bread'
-item 5: 'Any type of bread can be used, however, due to its messing nature' -> 'messy nature'

Para: Cooking times
'for a few moments that does little but warms the bread' -> 'for a few moments that does little more than warm the bread'
-item 1: is ...'unmanageable'...'flexibility'

Para: Topping the Toast
'space on entire internet', 'the entire'...'on each persons taste', "person's"
-item 2: 'Squidgability' smiley - erm but perhaps 'Squidgeability'?
-item 3: 'All toppings should therefore have quite a level of stickiness', '...'quite a high level of'
-item 4: 'with others and does not over powers them', ...'overpower'
------------
All that's not meant to be critical. Oh, all right, so it is - but friendlylike.
Perhaps finish it with a quote?... all these via quotesandsayings.com - various sites, subject toast

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happen if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?
Steven Wright (1955 - )"

"A toast to the weapons of war, may they rust in peace.
Robert Orben (1927 - )"

"Give me a platter of choice finnan haddie, freshly cooked in its bath of water and milk, add melted butter, a slice or two of hot toast, a pot of steaming Darjeeling tea, and you may tell the butler to dispense with the caviar . . .
Craig Claiborne (1920 - 2000)

"The television set in American homes is like the toaster. You press a button and the same thing pops up almost every time.
Alfred Hitchcock" [UK too? - RtB]
-------------
but, can't find the one I'm looking for... something like "God's thunder pales into insignificance compared with your own toast". but better put.

The Joy of Eating Toast

Post 2

madsash1

Loved the entry, toast is so cool. (Well no, it's not, it should be served warm, it should be from a granary loaf and it should have peanut butter with sliced fresh strawberries,cumbersome but trust me!)
The bit about Squidgability though...
I have visions of this being the adjective to describe how a certain Spongebob character speaks. Oh wellsmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

The Joy of Eating Toast

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more