This is the Message Centre for woofti aka groovy gravy

Post 1

woofti aka groovy gravy

Was chatting with Andrew on Facebook... he's a movie director, something of a cult figure in South Africa... he wants to make a movie of my life, which is difficult, because the most part of it I cannot remember

Anyway today I shall measure up the music room, and go and see about procuring carpetage for it.

I'll go and see my Iranian friends.

I won't bother with a fitted carpet, but I'll cover the floor with ruggage. And it will need wallpapering, and curtains, but I shan't use Mamacos, I'll do it myself.

I'll get the same suede material though. Colour? Dark red.

the wallpaper needs to be... perhaps the same as the paper in my den. I got that from Mamacos. Yes. Perhaps Mamacos can do the wallpapering. But not the curtains.

No, not red, that's in the flat. I don't know. Green, possibly, I am allergic to blue.

Purple?

Don't know. I'll get wossname from Mamacos to come and look at the walls, and perhaps - well, no, they ARE expensive, this room was R80K and - but I only need curtains for the far wall. The walls must be papered. I think curtains along the whole of the far wall, floor length, yes. And ruggage for the floor. Mary Mary, hold on.

I think - well, the colour scheme of the music room. Hmm. If I order the curtains TODAY, then they might come when the room is ready. I don't know. I need to have Theo paint the door and ceiling. And I need to get a desk in there, and a low table, and the spare gas heater, and I might even be able to set up the music laptop in there, and do all my music in there. I don't know.

I put all my sheet music in there. And a radio - I've got a radio for in there - and an amp, and speakers, and a mixer (the small one) - for a computer and a radio. And possibly the CD player from the lounge, in fact, I can take the speakers out of the lounge because I never go in there.

Removed

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

This post has been removed.

Post 3

woofti aka groovy gravy

Grandfather's music thing should be in the music room, too. And a chair, a new, comfy chair, and a Standard lamp; and a lamp for the piano on the music stand, and a lamp by the chair for the cello; that's two Standard lamps, I think, and a little lamp, well, I dunno, anyway, lamps, and an anglepoise for the desk, and so on. A desk and a chair, and a chair for the cello, and a comfy chair, and the piano and its stool, and the music chest. Perhaps the desk in the Afternoon Room can go in there.

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Right, I'm running Peppermint + MATE, and that seems to work fine. So I'll stick with this.

Gosh. Just went out, had some music bound and sent to the Honeybadger, bought three nice shirts, on a BTGOF, bought a lovely silver spoon, a small one; but at the post I got terribly hot and had to come home before buying the cement and sand for Theodore.

I may go out and get that this afternoon, but I must change my trousers. It's a hot day and these cords are far too heavy for the weather. This is a Cape Town winter.

I'll maybe go to Mamacos and organise wallpaper and curtains. Then I have to measure up the floor, height and window, for a bit of hardboard for over the window, and paint, and so on.

My bedroom and the guest room will need wallpapering after 4th Sept. My little room wants wallpapering and carpetting.

Feeling rather wan.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for woofti aka groovy gravy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more