A Conversation for Skydiving

Post from an Skydiving researcher...

Post 1

Froody

Well, I am sure that there will be a lot of us skydiving researchers out here, to them all I can say is I wouln't have expected to see such things from H2G2, I expected to find a higher standard of WHUFFO, oh well.

Blue Skies.

Post 2

Zach Garland

Ironically Froody, since after this entry I've taken to being more self-conscious about trying to offer both sides of any given subject, but admittedly at the time I edited this one, I didn't have any other information other than what was presented me. Well, that and my own personal experiences with a guy who used to skydive that I met some years ago. He was a real charmer. I also just found the original article witty and enjoyable in its own right when I first accepted the job of tackling it, but I do agree with you that it is very one-sided.

H2G2.com is by its very design a dynamic project. Not even approved guide entries are written in stone. We would be more than happy to see any information you wish to provide on the subject, and such materials will be considered for future revisions of this article.

Post 3

Azimuth

How does this update procedure work? Is it best to post sections to the forum that could act as additions to the previous material, or should we write separate user pages and leave the editing to you?

(that'll teach me; I've been planning to write a skydiving page for weeks now - just haven't quite got round to it...)

Azimuth

Post 4

Researcher 36207

I wrote mine over 16 weeks ago...hope you're patient (c:

Post 5

Researcher 36207

Funny, part of my motivation for writing it was so that some wuffo wouldn't. (c:

Post 6

Researcher 36207

kudos to a mostly-good edit, but to be fair, your edit made it more one-sided, don't you think
(esp. the last paragraph & a half).. if anyone cares, my original is at http://www.h2g2.com/A76466
...and of course I like my ending better, but there you are...
- Sky (aka 'Hurricane' Andrew)

Post 7

gasgirllin

how can i find out about learning to skydive .myself and a friend want to learn can you give me any info on where to start or who to contact

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more