This is the Message Centre for MaW

Making Friends

Post 1

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

Hello smiley - smiley

I hope you dont mind me wondering into your space Im trying to make new friends and you seem really nice smiley - smiley

Leanne

Making Friends

Post 2

MaW

Of course I don't mind. That's what it's here for after all smiley - smiley
So does your nickname describe who and where you are or is it just pure chance?

Making Friends

Post 3

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

smiley - smiley yeah its there to let people know who I am and where Im from smiley - smiley

Making Friends

Post 4

MaW

It's one way to go about it I suppose... mine's getting a bit long these days. I must remember not to sign up for any more meaningless titles.

Making Friends

Post 5

Bruce

MaW - you could always add a reminder to yourself in your namesmiley - winkeye

;^)#
~runs away very fast ~

Making Friends

Post 6

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

Thats cold Bruce smiley - winkeye

I dont have any meaningless names yet to add to mine smiley - sadface

Making Friends

Post 7

Bruce

cold Bruce - never that loose bruce maybe - but never coldsmiley - tongueout

Just don't add those brackets I saw the other day to your name Leanne - you'll attract too big a crowdsmiley - winkeye

;^)#

Making Friends

Post 8

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

Oh you mean the brackets I was showing Nex smiley - winkeye these ones (. )( .)

Making Friends

Post 9

MaW

Yes, I think Bruce has a point there...
If you really want some meaningless titles, pop along to the Alabaster House and volunteer to be a Minister or Ambassador. Peregrin's accepting more or less anything at the moment smiley - smiley

Now I have to go and sort out the new version of GuidePost so it's ready when the Ripley 1.2 upgrade is done this afternoon.

Making Friends

Post 10

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

You dont like my brackets smiley - sadface

Good Luck and Ill see you after the upgrade smiley - smiley

Making Friends

Post 11

Bruce

Nicest set of brackets I've seen on the site smiley - yawn

;^)#

Making Friends

Post 12

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

Why thank you Bruce smiley - winkeye

Making Friends

Post 13

MaW

If Bruce likes them they can't be that bad, surely.
Happily I got the new version of GuidePost out okay... it's probably full of bugs I haven't noticed though. Such is the bane of the software developer's life. I'm now trying to write the next Linux version. Great fun! Just a bit stressful...

Making Friends

Post 14

Steve

That will teach you to be so popular, won't it? After all, if you weren't so busy you wouldn't have all us lovely people annoying you smiley - winkeye

Making Friends

Post 15

MaW

Ah, I like it really. It's a lot better than sitting in the bar all evening every evening like some people around here. I'm surprised they've not all gone deaf yet - although by the way the people across the corridor from me shout at each other in the middle of the night I suspect they've already succumbed to this clubber's affliction.

I like it really. Not the noise, but writing stuff. Gives me this warm, fuzzy feeling inside...

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MaW

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more