A Conversation for Douglas Adams - His Life and Worlds

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 1

The H2G2 Editors

Please join us in raising a pan-galactic gargle blaster and wishing our much-missed founder, the original DNA, a very happy birthday. smiley - bubblysmiley - alesmiley - pggbsmiley - tea

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 2

Damnyoureyes

Happy birthday originator smiley - alesmiley - ale

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

of course smiley - pggb Happy Birthday Douglas!

Lanzababy smiley - elf

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Hoppy brithday Douglas smiley - cheers

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 5

DirkAndTheMac

Another year passes, and the world is a little colder... As is the way I forgot your birthday, not because you're no longer with us, but because I forget everyone's birthday! Happy Birthday + a few random days Douglas

Never forgotten (well, not by many days)

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 6

The H2G2 Editors

Hello Dirk, and a warm welcome to h2g2. We feel sure that your ever so slightly late birthday wish would not cause offence considering the late great Douglas's propensity for missing deadlines himself smiley - ok

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 7

GateK

Hang on, it's actually the Eleventh of March AGAIN! and a whole year has passed (nearly), since anyone posted on here. After the Corporation has spent quite a lot of time and money on re-vamping its websites, it seems to me only fitting that I should mark the day, and send Birthday Greetings through the space-time continuum to the original genius behind the the Guide smiley - bubbly

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 8

The H2G2 Editors

Happy birthday from us too. Check our the new homepage today for our own tribute to Douglas: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 9

WinIronrose

smiley - biggrin

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - pggb

for Douglas, whose 60th birthday it would have been today smiley - love and smiley - candle

Happy Birthday, Douglas

Post 11

DirkAndTheMac

Happy 60th Douglas... I tried to get to your Hammersmith bash but the infinite improbability drive has turned my car into a perfectly formed jar of Branston Pickle (it's no longer the BBC, product placement is fine nowadays....) As I am 42 this year I feel it only right that at some point tonight I will raise a Cheese and Pickle sandwich as I feast on what is probably a little bit of carburettor. A celebration of a life well shared and totally appreciated.

Key: Complain about this post