A Conversation for Poetry

Gripes

Post 1

The Dirty Vicar

it seems pretty obvious to me that you dont particularly care for poetry do you?
that is fine but the broad generalizations you've made about poetry and poets is pretty ignorant.
As far as the Beat Poets "taste for LSD" that is not true at all.
LSD wasn't develope until the 60's and the great beat poets lived in the late 30's- late 50's. They were hashmen and booze drinkers. Junk addicts and Benny freaks. Not to say that that is any better but you can't have a reasercher without reasearch. Allen Ginsberg is probobly one of the most important of all the bea poets-Jack Kerouac was mainly a prose author.

Gripes

Post 2

Researcher 55674

I have found this to be true on more than one occasion, that some articles that are on broad topics tend to be more of a cynical sarcastic look at the subject than a good overall treatment.

Generally I think that the broader the scope of the article, the less it should be comedic or sarcastic, not more. Yet that seems to be the opposite sometimes here at H2G2.

Gripes

Post 3

schurem

i think a sarcasticly cynical entry should be penetrated yes countered smitten redeemed revoked repulsed revealed and yes, revered.
you criticize one on not loving poetry yet you scoff at ones artistic freedom in describing reality?
are you not free?
are you not able?
can you not write your own entry on the subject if you think you have something to add? should amendments on an entry contain politics and personal gripes?

salute compadres,

schurem

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more