A Conversation for Talking Point: Classic TV Revivals

Bring back the Tomorrow People.

Post 1

Kiteman

Er, the title really says it all.

Post 2

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

smiley - biggrin

Did you know they did a remake in the 90s, that actually wasn't half bad?

Post 3

Kiteman

Gosh, did they? I must have blinked or something - I really don't remember that at all. Was it on satellite or something?

Post 4

pixel

No wasn't it on CITV. I seem to recall it had some kid who used to be in Neighbours

Post 5

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

It played on netwrik TV in New Zealand.

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~drednort/nsepgide.html

Check this out:

>>>
The original series of ‘The Tomorrow People’ begain transmission in 1973, and ran for eight series. Then, in 1992, a new series began, with a new cast and improved special effects. It follows the adventures of Adam, Ami, Kevin, Megabyte and Jade, who operate from an ancient and mysterious spaceship buried on the shore of a remote island. The concepts of the original series are still there: jaunting, telepathy and telekinesis, plus the usual bizarre and outlandish villains and concepts.

This new series ran for three seasons before ending. But the story doesn’t end there. In 2001, ‘Big Finish Productions’, well- known for their new audio adventures of ‘Doctor Who’, decided to bring together members of the original series in order to release further stories of the ‘Tomorrow People’. A worthy addition to the show’s lore, these stories are particularly dramatic and well-written, and ensure that the ‘Tomorrow People’ is still going strong.
<<<

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/TP2%20Intro.htm

Post 6

BlueVenus

I watched the '90s version! It was, as pre-teen, extremely addictive to watch! If they brought it back I might just jump for joy.

Post 7

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

NOOOOOOOOO!NEVER!!!!please not.It was bad enough when it was endlessly repeated on cable tv but never again please...smiley - grovel

Post 8

smiley - cross

Key: Complain about this post