A Conversation for Slayerville

Hello, is anyone out there?

Post 1

oldramon

Hey everyone... is there anyone out there? Slayerville seems to have become a sad and lonely place recently. I guess that's the way it goes, but do we want to try to keep the community going - with talk of Buffy or of future projects of the actors/writers/etc (or anything, really)?

Post 2

Otus Nycteus

Hi Larry. smiley - smiley I'm still here, and keeping an eye out for news about Buffyverse alumni to post, but there's very little of it about at the moment. smiley - erm

Except perhaps that ASH is playing (what looks like) the bad guy in the next ep of Doctor Who (this Saturday, BBC 1). smiley - winkeye

Post 3

oldramon

Hey Night Owl!

The Alyson Hannigan sitcom 'How I Met Your Mother' is coming to BBC3 from 1 May and I think it is repeated on BBC2 the following Sunday (not sure if that is a permanent arrangement). Alexis Denisof guests in a couple of episodes.

Michelle Trachtenberg has done some voice work for Seth Green's stop-motion animated show 'Robot Chicken'. SMG "appeared" in several season one episodes and got a joke credit at the end of all twenty episodes. She also provided an audio commentary on the DVD - which I have. It's a funny show. Trachtenberg is also filming the remake of the 1970s horror film 'Black Christmas'.

Marti Noxon has signed a deal with ABC to develop a new soap-drama called 'Brothers & Sisters', starring Calista Flockhart.

I recently saw Julie Benz in an episode of 'Supernatural'. She was fine, although she had very little to do.

Gellar's film 'Southland Tales' is one of nineteen entries for the Palme D'Or at the Cannes Film Festival - which is a big deal. The three graphic novels all now have release dates confirmed prior to the film hitting cinemas in America in September. At the moment, Gellar is in Tokyo filming her cameo for 'The Grudge 2' and then she starts work on 'The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing' with Alec Baldwin.

Amber Benson's new film 'Liars, Lovers and Lunatics' had a premiere screening in Pasadena recently. I got to see 'Chance' a couple of months ago and I was quite impressed. It was a very decent film.

Really looking forward to the Dr Who episode with ASH - plus Sarah Jane (Elisabeth Sladen)!

There is other stuff but it escapes me at the moment...

Post 4

Otus Nycteus

Hi Larry. smiley - smiley Thanks for all the info. Guess I'm not keeping up as well as I thought... smiley - blush

Can't stay much longer now, but I'm here regularly. See you soon, I hope. And I'm looking forward to Dr. Who, too. About the only good program on BBC1 and/or 2 drama/SF-wise at the moment. Especially BBC2 has gone down the drain recently... smiley - erm

Post 5

semper_paratus

ASH will be appearing at Collectormania 9, in Milton Keynes this coming Sunday and Monday.

http://www.collectormania.com

Post 6

Kat

I'm trying to finish off a piece of fanfic centred around the last two episodes of Angel - would anyone be interested if I posted it up here when I've managed to complete it and got to proof-read for spelling, grammatical and other techinical errors?

Post 7

Otus Nycteus

Sure. smiley - smiley

Post 8

oldramon

Just to keep the fires burning, I thought I'd do another update of things going on involving Buffy people:

Marti Noxon's new show 'Brothers & Sisters' has now been officially announced by ABC. It is described as a "multi-generational family drama about five siblings", which rather makes it sound like 'Party of Five'. I'm a sucker for those shows so I'm looking forward to it.

Sadly, Tony Head's sitcom 'Him & US' (also ABC) hasn't been picked up.

Did anyone see him on Dr Who? He was great, although it wasn't my favourite episode of this new season so far - that has to be 'The Girl in the Fireplace'.

Nicholas Brendon and Charisma Carpenter have signed to make a TV movie called 'Relative Chaos' (yet again, for ABC). It's nice to see Brendon picking up some more work after 'Kitchen Confidental' failed to take hold. Carpenter has been working steadily since her 'Angel' days and good luck to her. There is still no word about a release date for Brendon's horror film 'Unholy'. That one seems to be trapped in post-production hell at the moment.

I watched the first episode of 'How I Met Your Mother' on BBC2 last Sunday. Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of American sitcoms. There are some I like and some of my favourites are actually quite naff, but they just make me laugh ('Hope & Faith', for example). I have to admit I thought 'HIMYM' was the single most unfunny thing I'd ever seen, but it would be very unfair to judge it on one episode. I might try it again this week, although I suspect it's not going to be for me. A lot of comment I have read suggests it greatly improves as the season progresses... Once again, good luck to all involved.

SMG has finished filming her cameo for 'The Grudge 2' in Tokyo. Filming has either started or is just about to start in New York on 'The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing' and then transfers to Vancouver. It is assumed she will be given time out to attend the Cannes Film Festival. 'Southland Tales' is premiered there on May 21 and has been entered for the prestigious Palme d'Or.

It is now confirmed that Gellar does her own singing in the film... just one song, called 'Teen Horniness Is Not A Crime'.

The UK release date for Gellar's psychological thriller 'The Return' is now provisonally set for September 8. There is no release date for 'The Air I Breathe' as yet. This one is in post-production and I guess it will hit the cinemas next year.

Although not strictly 'Buffy' related, word is that Freddie Prinze Jr's sitcom 'Freddie' won't come back for a second season, although it was the joint highest-rated sitcom on ABC this last year. He is now developing a one-off drama called 'The Bishop' with his writing partner Conrad Jackson for the Sci-Fi Channel, will be appearing in 'Boston Legal' again and has at least one film due in cinemas before the year is ended.

No casting news about 'Wonder Woman' as yet - that is unlikely to happen before next year. Joss Whedon has apparently finished the "first" script and given it to the producers. It sounds like there is a long way to go (possibly it might even be a 2008 release!)

Whedon has recently commented that there is no further news about the supposed Spike TV movie. The idea was pitched but there are no takers for it. That might change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Michelle Trachtenberg is appearing in an episode of Seth Green's mad animated show 'Robot Chicken' and word is that SMG is returning again after her three episodes in the first season.

I recently saw Trachtenberg in an epiosde of 'House'. Adam Busch and Tom Lenk have also appeared in the show. Busch can be seen in the new Dennis Quaid / Hugh Grant film 'American Dreamz'.

There's probably more - I'll come back if and when I remember what it is!

Post 9

Carlyle Ferris

I get a daily E mail from Whedon.info by subscribing to their site. It lists every activity by every whedon alumni even those that only did the odd episode such as Amber Tamblyn and Amy Adams. The only remaining redheads now that Alyson has been drawn to the dark side of the force.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more