This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Hole in History

Post 9601

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Chopsticks are amazingly practical. Good for eating everything except soup and meat on the bone. perhaps you drink soup out of the bowl.

Hole in History

Post 9602

ITIWBS

I always think when thinking of chopsticks of sage counselors of the the Chinese Imperial court computing the amount of rice that can be conserved using chopsticks instead of other implements, considering that one can pick up a single grain of rice with chopsticks.

Hole in History

Post 9603

minorvogonpoet

That reminds me of Eliot's Prufrock "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."
If you measure out your life with grains of rice, how much rice do you need? smiley - erm

Hole in History

Post 9604

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Missionaries in the 19th Century used to say that a standard greeting in China at the time was, 'Have you eaten rice today?'

Hole in History

Post 9605

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I can believe that. smiley - smiley

Chopsticks?

Post 9606

cactuscafe

Evening all! smiley - kisssmiley - musicalnotesmiley - corncobsmiley - chocolateteapot

(strolls into h2g2 to see if the dimension she once knew has now become a dimension entirely full of protein and edible newspapers)

I see chopsticks ...

(heads back into history, like the last few postings, is this wise? heheh ) I will return bearing proof that everything is entirely what it is, unless it isn't.

Clocks back tonight, 2am, that strange hour that you can live twice. Although you return to 1am not as the person who left an hour ago. smiley - huh Actually I think I might be asleep. smiley - zzz

Between the patterns of darkness ..

Post 9607

cactuscafe

heheh yes!

Hitting the swoon button
Between the patterns of darkness
With raised veggie beds to keep us alive
In the vast vanilla swirl ...

Oh yes oh yes oh yes

Post 9608

cactuscafe

I see an A number just for me!!!!

Now I have to wait, and go eat supper smiley - rofl Damn....

Back later for my treasures ...

And possible chopsticks..

Hole in History

Post 9609

minorvogonpoet

I've never thought of it like that. When the clocks go back an hour, do you live that hour twice?

It would be nice to think that you could live that second hour better, be a nicer, or wiser, or happier person. smiley - flyhi What would you do if you could do something different in that hour?

Actually, of course, most of us are probably asleep.smiley - sleepy

Hole in History

Post 9610

I think the whole clock-moving stunt is a Bad Idea. One of these days, everybody is going to become unstuck in time, as Kurt Vonnegut put it... smiley - winkeye Oh, and we don't go back for another 2 weeks, so we will be temporally out-of-synch again... smiley - earth

In case anyone's interested in doing any witchcraft for the season that's in it, here's my guide to Pennsylvania witchcraft recipes: A88003208 (With pics)

Hole in the Clock

Post 9611

cactuscafe

What?? A hole in the clock?? That's strange. smiley - rofl All the numbers would fall out.

Hmm yes, how to live that hour twice. I'm going to write a spontaneous paragraph and find out ....

But wait!!!! Its Christmas morning! At last! smiley - hollysmiley - reindeer

It is??

My A number...

The Mega mega mega collaborative mix of mega masterpiece

Post 9612

cactuscafe

Look at that!!!!! Look at that amazing image!!! That is totally unbelieveably amazingly awesome! Thankyouuuuu!

Ah, my friends The Artistic Collaborators ... I remember everything. smiley - kiss

Amazing colour, the image. Kind of metallic greeny turquoise mysterious colour. I keep seeing extra bits in it, like its unfolding into new bits, the story is unfolding....

Your numbers don't fall out of the clock for two more weeks

Post 9613

cactuscafe

It's very strange, indeed, the clock moving thing. Yours don't go back for two weeks??? See, now that just adds extra muddlement.

Witchcraft recipes! How splendid! smiley - rofl

Metal can't be used in a microwave

Post 9614

cactuscafe

Yes! All very fascinating.

I like metallic things.

What.. metallic things? smiley - rofl

If I was a sculptor, I'd make metallic scultures, because of the way they catch the light. They'd have smooth curly curvy bits, kind of like waves made from copper or bronze, and then there'd be ridges, for contrast, and plains of chrome. The Plains Of Chrome.

Metal can't be used in a microwave, but Brancusi did not make kitchen utensils.

Post 9615

Try this on for size: A87751731

The chopsticks!

Post 9616

cactuscafe

Ah, I've finally found the chopstick discussion. heheh. I've been searching for the chopsticks all evening.

Good discussion.

I learn many things.

I did have a brief chopstick phase in the 70s, The Short Lived Chopstick phase. It was a good phase, I forget how it ended, I think we parted on a rainy street in Chinatown.

Huh? smiley - huh

Since realising that every single detail of creation is, in fact, history in the making, I have many topics to deal with, so best to make it brief and avoid knowing what I'm talking about. smiley - rofl

What Is Art? Constantin Brancusi's Bird or Kitchen Utensil

Post 9617

cactuscafe

ohmigod! I'm completely in love with this article.

Post 9618

smiley - rofl I was thinking of art that was about texture, and remembered that Tavaron had drawn us The Bird. smiley - winkeye

The hour lived twice

Post 9619

cactuscafe

OK so what would I do with the hour lived twice (if I wasn't asleep. I hope to be asleep tonight when the clocks go back, but this is now a spontaneous paragraph of complete clatter chatter, so I'll pretend to be awake, and someone else entirely, what is clatter chatter, not sure I like this.)

1am, wide awake, clatter chatter, clatter chatter, brain is a night train, 2am now, where will I be by 3? This track eats my hours, I have no powers, please train, start this hour again, ah! clocks go back, saved by this strange tradition, what an admission. Its 1am again in my night train brain,I'm not propped up in a closed down bar but in a comfy sleeper car, headphones on and no more clatter, destination doesn't matter, see you further down the track, by 2am I'll ..... smiley - zzz

Post 9620

cactuscafe

Tavaron drew the Brancusi bird? The drawing there in the article??

Key: Complain about this post