This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Funny Armadillos

Post 7361

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

You should make your own video. smiley - smiley If you do and post it on Youtube, we can feature it in the Post.

The 'Who's Online?' feature has been broken for donkey's years. smiley - rofl

Funny Armadillos

Post 7362

cactuscafe

Never seen a real live Dillo, but I like Dillo vids! Be good to see Dillo in the Post!

What's the free trolley in Austin?

Funny Armadillos

Post 7363

cactuscafe

I remember the Who's Online feature now! Takes me back. Why did we need to check who was online? In case we were avoiding someone? smiley - rofl Or maybe it was for BBC stats.

I wonder why donkeys are associated with years gone by?

Donkey's years.

Funny Armadillos

Post 7364

cactuscafe

Halibut!!

What??

Of course. Halibut. I remember the halibut.

Referring to the Prodigal's eating habits. Is Halibut different to cod?

Funny Armadillos

Post 7365

Phred, if you can take a picture of them, email it to

postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com (-atsmiley - tennisball, -dot-=.)

and I will put it in the h2g2 Post. I really need pictures, people! smiley - grovel

Funny Armadillos

Post 7366

cactuscafe

You need pics?

I haven't taken many recently cos I thought the world was ending, but maybe it isn't, so hmm, well scenes from our flat? smiley - rofl, like erm... the station clock. Or, erm .. the coffee table.

Phred of course has pics from all over America. Hmm. Can my station clock compete? heheh.

I'll do my best, luvvy.

Funny Armadillos

Post 7367

Askadodilges (hides His Foot)

The "Dillos" are funny little free buses that move people around to interesting places in Austin...they are painted different bright colors depending on the route that they service...smiley - cakesmiley - choc

Funny Armadillos

Post 7368

smiley - cool Yeah, any pics will do.

Funny Armadillos

Post 7369

Donkey Years...Something to do with long Donkey ears and the finny way that English people talk sometimes...

Funny Armadillos

Post 7370

Armadillos are pretty shy...I saw one along a highway. I stopped and it dug a new hole and was gone in 30 seconds...their domain has expanded across the southern United States within my lifetime..

I could send you a picture of an Armadillo hole?smiley - choc

Funny Armadillos

Post 7371

Halibut get up into the hundreds of pounds...I heard one fisherman describe pulling one in as similar to catching a soft Volkswagen.

They are like flounder with a dark side and a white side...

Check my blog for my favorite five halibut recipes...

I like them for a great consistency of flesh with minimal taste...so when you add things like pesto, navy beans, and diced tomatoes the fish doesn't overpower the condiments (if that's the right word)...

Funny Armadillos

Post 7372

I didn't know it was British - we used it in the South. smiley - laugh Some people are claiming it's rhyming slang. The OED says it showed up in a book in 1916. Merriam-Webster says 1927...

Poetry Stone

Post 7373

In your e-mail, you will find a picture of a lovely Poetry Stone....I think it's from a place I once visited called Dartington something...castle, university, cathedral...something

Sun is shining on the stone...it is Summer Solstice 2012..hold infinity in your hand...smiley - magic

If you like it maybe Dmitri could use it in the post to be a cheery thing...smiley - ale

Poetry Stone

Post 7374

Did you send the photo to Cactuscafe? smiley - bigeyes We would certainly be glad to use it!

Poetry Stone

Post 7375

Dmitri,

She liked it and suggested that I ask you if the photo should be a certain size...I assume that you can resize a JPG, but let me know...

I believe it is a photo of the stone at a place called Dartington hall...another shot shows cactuscafe touching the stone...she knows the poet...

Prodigalsmiley - magic

Poetry Stone

Post 7376

I can resize it. smiley - smiley

But I haven't received it. That's why I wanted to know if you sent to Cactuscafe. It's not in my mailbox.

Poetry Stone

Post 7377

Should be there now...

Poetry Stone

Post 7378

Auguries of Innocence

BY WILLIAM BLAKE

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
A Robin Red breast in a Cage
Puts all Heaven in a Rage...

Poetry Stone

Post 7379

smiley - ok Got it now, thank you!

Funny Armadillos

Post 7380

cactuscafe

Morning all!

I'd like to go on a brightly coloured Dillo bus around Austin! How amazing. How come they can run them for free? Who finances the running of them then? Like, the Town Council? Tourist Board?

Key: Complain about this post