This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Notebook delicious

Post 7081

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks, Sasha! smiley - smiley I'll put you on the list. Superfrenchie says she's coming, too.

Now, the idea is that you can write something every day - there will be a new thread for each day, which will be an hour in the story. But you certainly wouldn't have to. And you'd be writing the sort of thing you do, anyway, because the evil Editor has given each of you an appropriate character that you will like. smiley - smiley

Notebooks are being provided for the notebook lovers. smiley - winkeye Just as I will be playing a character with a loaded organ, and FWR one with a .

Since you'll be the mayor, MVP, you can keep notes. In verse, if you choose. smiley - rofl

If you don't wanna, CC, okay. We'll just be short a star reporter with a frequent-drinker pass at the Waffelhaus Cafe. smiley - laugh

smiley - dragon

Notebook delicious

Post 7082

And now, for something completely different. Mrs Hoggett plays gospel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJCUZpm0UU

I must go and sort out my footage of Venus....I drove there today. And back. smiley - rofl

NaJoPoMo The Collaboration

Post 7083

cactuscafe

The Poet Mayor. smiley - rofl. I'm a fan. She's a bit of a legend in fact.

Doodles!!! Thanks for the reminder. And the subsequent life changing ruination.

I've been in the Waffelhaus Cafe, (smiley - rofl who? where? when? what???) working on the First Page of the New Notebook situation. Curly biro drawn wispy insect things are appearing in the margins, like they used to during the Surviving School years. This worries me. smiley - biro

I have discussed reycling and reincarnation with them. You too can become a car tyre. Oh no wait, its car tyres that become notebooks.

I had a notebook once that said I Was Once A Car Tyre on the cover. I never could figure it, but I trusted its sentiments. Sort of. A bit.

On Considering The Waffelhaus Cafe.

Next posting.

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7084

cactuscafe

The write up for the proposed collaboration is a classic, a legend in its own lifetime. I lived the entire thing already. For you its just the beginning .....

smiley - rofl

To turn up every day at my laptop for a month is out of the question for me, but I will wave you all off on Oct 31st, knowing that on Dec 1st the returning travellers might be somewhat erm ...changed. smiley - rofl

As for the free drinkers pass in the Waffelhaus Cafe, well the star reporter will borrow that right now, thanks, teehee, smiley - rofl, and disappear, into a dark corner, to write letters to imaginary insect cousins.

smiley - coffee

And ...

I feel bad right now. Soul search. I just couldn't do every day for a month.

I love it though, and love you guys anyway.

Laters... last day of the Indian summer. After this it is set to rain for the next fortnight.

smiley - kisssmiley - kiss

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7085

Willem

Um where is the write-up for the collaboration?

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7086

Since we're not doing it until November, Willem, it's not posted yet. I'm just asking around to see who wanted to be included. smiley - laugh

In a few weeks, I'll post the cast list, so far, and the maps, etc. smiley - smiley

Would you be interested?

h2g2 The Collaboration

Post 7087

SashaQ - happysad

"Its important to contribute to any community, this I know, and hopefully I have, with this one, over the years."

Yes indeed - always good to see you around in here, cc smiley - hug and your contributions are very valuable (especially the evolving Bakewell Tart with the Heart smiley - lovesmiley - winkeye which is one of my favourites A87943648 )

Lovely video DG smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin I can't compete with you and Mrs Hoggett in the keyboard skills department, but I was inspired to have another go with my video editing software - I found the line drawing effect, and played around with distortions, too http://youtu.be/seuTwNdi380smiley - biggrin

h2g2 The Collaboration

Post 7088

smiley - rofl That one made me laugh, Sasha! Lively beat - that's a great visual effect, too. Very catchy.

I don't know if you know that that etude became a hit in the 1940s, I think it was, as 'No Other Love'. I remember the words, 'I was born with love to love you, till the stars burn out above you, till the moon is but a silver shell...' or similar.

Even better: I've just been reading about spiritism in Brazil, so the beat went right along with what I was reading. smiley - biggrin

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7089

Willem

I'd be interested if you have a role that I might fit Dmitri!

h2g2 The Collaboration

Post 7090

Willem

Cool little video Sasha! I'm going to try and get a music vid of my own up ...

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7091

Great, Willem! smiley - biggrin You're in!

How about:

'Wynken De Woordesmyth (Willem), chief ranger at the Misty Mountains State Park. In charge of wildlife (and wild people) management. Also collects boat fees and manages river use.'

The park's just outside Hooverville. smiley - winkeye You can come into town in your Land Rover anytime.

I'll get the maps up and running cast list, but we really should wait until at least October. smiley - laugh

h2g2 The Collaboration

Post 7092

FWR

Spooky!

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7093

Willem

OK Dmitri thanks, the character sounds like one I might manage!

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7094

smiley - ok Wonderful! I'm very excited about the response to this. smiley - smiley

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7095

FWR

Sounds like the Post has a November hit!

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7096

Makes a nice change. smiley - smiley

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7097

FWR

O come on, last year was rad! Man! Dude? Cool...

The Waffelhaus Cafe

Post 7098

Well, that's true. smiley - laugh

h2g2 The Collaboration

Post 7099

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks everyone! Glad you found my little video amusing smiley - biggrin Here's another one http://youtu.be/Uzal35Hfdfs - this is a fun series! Good luck with your music video, Willem smiley - ok

I didn't know that about Chopin's Etude, but I found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjDqMftHbKI - 'Yes indeed!' is a great name for an album, and I like the lyrics of the song (a bit like 'Love Story' smiley - loveblush) and Jo Stafford's voice, but it is a bit slow for my taste...

"I've just been reading about spiritism in Brazil, so the beat went right along with what I was reading. smiley - biggrin"

smiley - laugh Excellent! smiley - ok

Changes

Post 7100

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl Sounds like November is going to be a fine month, happy travels all. smiley - kiss

Hey Sasha, smiley - kiss yes! and I've had about fourteen years of extraordinary, magical and spontaneous conversations with amazing people. This site is incredible.

If I'm honest, I see these conversations as my main contribution to the site. smiley - rofl I was probably always a born journal dweller, going on and on about nothing and everything. Although happy to have faced the challenge of contributing A numbers also.

I really hope, particularly Mister D my friend, that I haven't upset anyone by pulling out of this November challenge. Its not personal, its not that I don't love the Post, the site, you guys.

Its just I have to go with the changes, and I think I now need to return to a quiet corner of my life, with my notebook, and scribble away.

Probably something to do with being in the last quarter of my life. Its like I began, in the first quarter of my life, sitting contented in a corner,scribbling away. Only now I'm condensing my vision, organising all my bits and pieces.

smiley - redwine

So, not sure if I'm going to be around so much. I sense the creative tide of the site, the energy, is moving towards the Post, and November travels and new community projects, and I think that's good, its moving on, evolution.

I don't want to become a Daydream Dino. heheh. That's funny. Daydream Dino. Funny phrase, must write it down. I kind of like it. I don't really feel like a Dino.

There's part of me thinks that this would be a good time, in fact, to re channel the amazing energy of this thread, given that I'm waffling on about quiet corners.

Is it in fact possible to actually close threads, so it doesn't feel like a house with empty rooms, and so that spiders and spammers don't get in?

Not because its all gone funny or wrong, but because its been special, but now its moving on?

I am sensing, with your November project and other Post and community projects, that you folks are ready to sail on new tides, towards new horizons?

And I'm heading for ... yeah smiley - tomato we know, a quite corner. smiley - rofl

Just wondering. In a good way. Exploring changes. Love you all.

cc smiley - kiss

Key: Complain about this post