This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

The masterpiece itself

Post 6901

FWR

It's lovely to see them all together, but you know I love a good photo montage!smiley - cheers

The masterpiece itself

Post 6902

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Oh, I do! I enjoy a good montage myself. And yours are always good. I've sent off a link to Robbie Stamp, he will be delighted with all these photos.

The masterpiece itself

Post 6903

The piece de resistance. Movie reviewing is alive and well on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/AmznMovieRevws

The masterpiece itself

Post 6904

bobstafford

Have a look at this

https://www.google.com/search?q=rock+a+bye+baby+in+the+treetop+meaning&rlz=1C1GCEA_enFR854FR854&oq=Rock+a+bye+baby+in+the+treetop&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l5.12014j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

smiley - smiley

The masterpiece itself

Post 6905

smiley - laugh I dunno, but nobody over here has ever heard that business about Native American babies in trees. This is not something you want to do in a country that's full of bears. Bears can climb trees.

The masterpiece itself

Post 6906

O-kay....wait for it...

I was practising with the Yamaha, and found a setting that, frankly, needed more cowbell....

So here is the film 'Une vache andalouse'. It is an exercise in surrealism, but so help me, the Department of Agriculture has a lot to answer for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZZVO1gz8YE

The masterpiece itself

Post 6907

Willem

Heh heh I like that, Dmitri - but I believe those are des vaches Americaines! The Bobby McFerrin vid was very cool.

I found this! It's a poem that is in English and also in Afrikaans!

'My stories begin as letters'

My pen is my wonderland.
Word water in my hand.
In my pen is wonder-ink.
Stories sing. Stories sink.

My stories loop. My stories stop.
My pen is my wonder-mop.
Drink letters. Drink my ink.
My pen is blind. My stories blink.

The masterpiece itself

Post 6908

I like that poem. smiley - smiley

Exercise in Surrealism

Post 6909

SashaQ - happysad

Great video, DG - that hauntingly breathy setting on the keyboard with added cowbell is the perfect soundtrack to that frighteningly surreal video... smiley - weird

Exercise in Surrealism

Post 6910

Thanks, Sasha. smiley - smiley Seriously, this was a government-funded infothingy from 1948, and all I could think was, what were they smoking?

Exercise in Surrealism

Post 6911

Okay, not for the faint-hearted: audience warning, it's, er, apocalyptical....with added Jacques Brel, played by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1_3lz8pWsc

Exercise in Surrealism

Post 6912

FWR

Horrific and strangely beautiful.

Exercise in Surrealism

Post 6913

Oh, thanks. smiley - smiley That was what I was going for.

Bears in trees

Post 6914

cactuscafe

Evening all! smiley - kiss

Montage! That's the word.

Bears can climb trees?

smiley - redwine

It's been a glorious hot Bank Holiday here. Yesterday the Mods were roaring around town on their Vespas. Hundreds of them. That's the Mods, not the h2g2 Moderators, although they might have been there also. smiley - rofl

We've been flat out on the beach, like happy hot seals with no prospects.

smiley - redwine

Off to see what's going on around 'ere. Back inna min

Bears in trees

Post 6915

smiley - rofl Ah, that's why it's been so quiet around here. I wondered where everybody was. Personally, I was putting together next week's Post this morning, followed by an enjoyable visit with the pastor on our porch, watching chipmunks and telling funny stories. smiley - smiley After which I went and filmed the sewer workers, who have moved to the next block. And then we visited with the neighbour lady's afternoon carer, and promised to bring music over and play piano later this week...the weather is glorious today, not hot, sunny, lovely breeze wafting the smell of fresh tarmac....smiley - winkeye

Yes, bears can climb trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vIwNyqIceE

Une Vache Andalouse

Post 6916

cactuscafe

Discovers Une Vache Andalouse.

This must be heatstroke. I am seeing cows. Many cows. Curious cows in black and white, with a soundtrack river of many notes, a soothing river. In the spaces where the cow meets the note, I am found. I am discovered. I am helped.

Life will not be the same, this I know. Call me Yamaha, says my fever. I am your friend. The cow will stare, and graze. It is not a passing phase. I like cows, you never know when you will meet one. One must be prepared.

My pen is my wonder mop

Post 6917

cactuscafe

Great poem, Willem!

Word water in my hand.
In my pen is wonder-ink.
Stories sing. Stories sink.

Magical imagery.

My pen is my wonder mop.

Kind of enchanted imagery.

My pen is my wonder mop

Post 6918

We are caught between awe and, frankly, falling-on-the-floor-laughing from reading your rhapsody on la vache andalouse. smiley - rofl

If We Go Away

Post 6919

cactuscafe

Very powerful energy, this surrealism phase.

The soundtrack adds an extra layer to the images, wraps them in something other, not sure what I mean by that, but it really works.

I like the idea of images being wrapped in a sonic layer.

Wrapped. Can sound wrap?

Bears in trees

Post 6920

cactuscafe

Ohmigod! Bears can climb trees then, and fast!

I had no idea. What are they looking for, when climbing trees? Or are they escaping danger?

Heheh, yes the Vache. smiley - rofl Changed my life, has the Vache. smiley - rofl

Your weekend has been more productive than our seal lazy beach slob. Nice descriptions. I think I now want to watch chipmunks and tell funny stories. When's the next sewer workers video? Please? Soon?

Key: Complain about this post