This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Ms Gryffon

Post 6441

cactuscafe

mvp wrote, she's really busy in her new life as Councillor, might not be around so much.

Good luck mvp smiley - kiss, you are amazing. smiley - kiss

I shall send you h2g2 sparkles through the atmosphere. Each sparkle is a crumb from h2g2's own version of Kendal Mint Cake, to give you energy.

The h2g2 Kendal Mint Cake is much better than the original. Is this possible? Surely there is no comparison. Well ..

Oh, its lunch time. I shall have h2g2KMC with my soup. Mint goes well with tomato.

And ...

smiley - tomato OK bye then. I wonder how long my stupid mood will last?

Ms Gryffon

Post 6442

minorvogonpoet

Hi cactuscafe, and thanks for the H2G2 sparkles! smiley - smiley

I shall take them with me when I set off to the Town Council for an induction event this evening. I just hope it isn't going to pour with rain, or I shall arrive dripping wet! smiley - groan

I shall certainly be backsmiley - run

Ms Gryffon

Post 6443

Willem

Hi folks! Last weekend I had fun times visiting my sis and her family in the Pretoria area. Cactuscafé, do you like cigars? You mention them here. I celebrated my book by trying out a small Cuban cigar, I liked it a lot.

Ms Gryffon

Post 6444

minorvogonpoet

I've now got my copy of your book, Willem!smiley - book

I've only just started reading it, but the pictures are marvellous. smiley - applause

Limerick

Post 6445

minorvogonpoet

Here's a daft limerick -smiley - winkeye

There was an old woman who swore
retirement was proving a bore.
She attempted the feat
of winning a councillor's seat,
and will be busy for evermore!

Limerick

Post 6446

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl Love it, mvp! And thinking of you.

smiley - kiss

Hullo Willem! I used to smoke cigars, in my attempt to be bohemian in the 70s. Or pretending to be Columbo. smiley - rofl. I never inhaled. I don't think you do inhale cigars in fact. You could get tins of small, slim cigars called Cafe Creme, that ladies often smoked. I was always sent outside at parties. smiley - rofl Go away, not very cool person, with 'orrible smoke.

smiley - coffee

Life is good. This morning we had an extraordinary cycle back from town. Its the Brighton Festival at the moment, so the crowd is extra arty, although this town is never entirely normal.

We gave some change to a lady tree spirit, who was sitting on the sea front with a painted green face, and wrapped in bits of tree. She blew us a kiss, the way that tree spirits do, especially the ones with long eyelashes, flirty pouts, and sparkles on their green faces.

A stream powered vehicle, with coal shovelling crew, was arriving for the vintage car rally, and the air was filled with clouds of coal dust and steam. Not entirely eco green. I think they'll have the green tree spirit and mvp after them. smiley - rofl

And then ...

Oh, back inna min

Limericks, Maori fruit farms and cigars

Post 6447

cactuscafe

And then there was a vintage vehicle with Whangarei Fruit Farms written on it, some other names, and including Liss, Hants. Quite stange,have to research further.

We were wondering where or what is Whangarei. And, by coincidence, a fellow arrives on his bike beside us, and was amazed because he came from Whangarei.

It is a city in NZ, lots of fruit farms around, and is a Maori word, pronounced Fong-gar-ay. That's ay to rhyme with way.

smiley - coffee

And then we saw a lady in a red and white striped outfit happily flying through the air, greeting the world below her with a loud screech. She was doing a bungee jump. smiley - rofl

She was a different lady to the green tree spirit, with the flirty pout. At least I think she was. Unless the green tree spirit is a shape shifter.

Post 6448

minorvogonpoet

Brighton must have been completely crazy smiley - weirdthis weekend!

We weren't there but we walked up Wolstonbury Hill, which was lovely, because there were cowslips and early purple orchids and we even saw some green hairstreak buterflies.

Post 6449

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - titsmiley - titThe h2g2 Post is up at A87931218smiley - titsmiley - tit
smiley - titsmiley - titFind out why the Post Editor denies being a dimetrodon.
smiley - titsmiley - titAdmire the cool architecture.
smiley - titsmiley - titDo all FIVE quizzes!
smiley - titsmiley - titExplore nature.
smiley - titsmiley - titThrill to the pulpy fiction.
smiley - titsmiley - titSeriously: This issue is full of great Stuff! smiley - titsmiley - tit

Post 6450

Willem

Wow minorvogonpoet, thanks for buying my book! Please let me know what you think!

Post 6451

minorvogonpoet

Tomorrow we're going to France. It might be too early for fruit, unless the cherries are ready.

But there'll be wild orchids and smiley - orangebutterflysmiley - bluebutterfly I hope.

Post 6452

Willem

Folks, my sister is treating a lion at her practice at Muelmed Clinic in Hatfield! Chaos the lion, 16 years old, of the Lory Park Zoo, has a tumour on his snout for which he's now receiving radiation therapy. Here's the vid, my sis is on from 0:55 to 1:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA0hmOqqW-Y

Post 6453

That is so smiley - cool! Give her (and the lion) our best regards and hopes for a full recovery! smiley - cat

Post 6454

bobstafford

Thanks for sharing, Willem

That was an Interesting video looks a tough patient. smiley - smiley

Post 6455

smiley - drumroll The h2g2 Post is up at A87937410 - Go read it. smiley - drumroll
smiley - drumroll We have two words for you: Lizard hunt!
smiley - drumroll More nature than you can shake a tree root at!
smiley - drumroll Cats, cats, cats!
smiley - drumroll Awix's 600TH REVIEW!
smiley - drumroll Sad stories, thrilling stories, funny stories, and a new photography challenge.
smiley - drumroll Poetry that you've GOT to read. Srsly, you have to, or we will Take Measures.
smiley - drumroll In honour of the Eurovision Song Contest, now mercifully at an end, the quiz is about European national anthems. smiley - drumroll

Post 6456

cactuscafe

Greetings all! smiley - donut

Will check your video in a min, Willem, have to change skins, doesn't seem to come up in Brunel. These skins are just being sooo difficult. smiley - rofl

Et bon voyage, mvp! Hope France is warmer than it was last time! Perhaps you will have summertime fruits in your garden. smiley - strawberry

smiley - coffee

Life good, been sitting in the steam room a lot, also setting word paintings to music and contemplating the mystical marriage between white chocolate and brandy.

Strange, I've had this tiny portable four track recorder for about ten years, never could work the thing. I tend to avoid it, lots of complicated digital settings. Or so I thought. However, just the other day, I took it off the dusty shelf, and bonded with it like it was a long lost spaniel. Now I take it for walks, and comb its ears, and it thanks me in four track harmony. woof woof woof woof

Actually, that's stupid, the spaniel part, but the rest is true.

smiley - coffee

Post 6457

If you want to post a video in Brunel (or any Ripley skin), please remove the 's' from 'httups'. That way, it will show up clickable. smiley - smiley

Don't worry: clicking on the link will reconvert it to https. (Ripley was built before https existed, that's how ancient and mysterious we are. Eons in Internet Years.)

If somebody posts a link that begins 'https' by mistake, just copy that link into your browser to see it. smiley - smiley

Speaking of recordings of all kinds, here's what our town looked like yesterday - a magic explosion of blooms! I wish I could digitise scent - the lilac smell was so overwhelming, it flooded the inside of the church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McbjXxtxwkg

Post 6458

Sorry, that's 'https' (no 'u'.) smiley - rofl I need smiley - coffee....smiley - run

Skins and spaniels

Post 6459

cactuscafe

Strange, Willem, I can't seem to pick up your link in Alabaster either. Perhaps the skins heard me saying that they were being sooo difficult. smiley - rofl Later, I will go to youtube and type it in the long way round.

smiley - coffee

Coffee and lilac scent

Post 6460

cactuscafe

Hah! Coffee and lilac scent!! How wonderful. I adore the scent of lilac.

Have to dash. smiley - run. Will check all links later!

smiley - kisssmiley - kiss

Key: Complain about this post