This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Daydream Journal

Post 6201

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Aha! We know this plot. MVP will be stuffing envelopes for the Green Party. Evil aliens will show up, trying to do whatever evil aliens do. Parliament will be wiped out. Good aliens will show up and help. MVP will end up being prime minister.

We know who you are: you're Harriet Jones. smiley - winkeye

Daydream Journal

Post 6202

It occurs to me that you ladies have elevated tastes, and may not get the 'Doctor Who' reference. My apologies. The analogy is well-meant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOrbrjBQf7Y

Daydream Journal

Post 6203

cactuscafe

smiley - roflsmiley - rofl That's hilarious!

I love it when even the daleks go 'we know who you are'.

mvp walks into the meet, everyone looks up, says 'Harriet Jones! We know who you are.' In funny dalek voices. Well, I will, teehee, except I'll be walking in with the PM, so I can't.

Everyone will look at me and say 'we don't know who you are, though'.

Daydream Journal

Post 6204

Tell them you're from Torchwood. smiley - winkeye

Daydream Journal

Post 6205

FWR

Ahhh Gwen Cooper.....smiley - smoochsmiley - lovesmiley - whistle

Daydream Journal

Post 6206

cactuscafe

Ah Gwen. smiley - love

Who's Gwen Cooper? I'll go check.

mvp, I've just signed up for the Saturday 27th meet, opting to lurk in the pub for the entire afternoon. There are sightseeing activities, but I will be lurking with notebook, being the degenerate that I am. smiley - rofl

I *will* allow you to abandon me in the pub so you can go sightseeing. If you pay me with poems. And chocolate bunnies. I'll keep your place at the table.

Life is good. Cornwall mid week. I will post minimally yet enthusiastically from phone, like yeep! yeep! bleep! hullo! and photograph flowers and passing buzzy things.

Daydream Journal

Post 6207

minorvogonpoet

CC, I'll sign myself up for Saturday afternoon in the pub, but if it gets too rowdy, I'll make my escape.smiley - run

Daydream Journal

Post 6208

cactuscafe

OK! splendid! We'll confer on travel plans nearer the time, eh? I'll probably want to be heading home late afternoon, especially if we've been in the pub since 12 smiley - rofl

Daydream Journal

Post 6209

minorvogonpoet

Sounds good to me. smiley - smiley

Daydream Journal

Post 6210

Willem

Um, folks? Where is everyone?

Daydream Journal

Post 6211

Cactuscafe's probably in Cornwall right now. smiley - smiley

I dunno where everybody else is. We're snowed in - first we had about 3-4 inches of snow, now it's a fine, misty rain which is turning the surface of the snow reflective. Nobody's going anywhere.

Daydream Journal

Post 6212

In case anybody's bored, Molly and Lola would like to share a poem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpPg1erYNMQ

Daydream Journal

Post 6213

minorvogonpoet

We went shopping on our bikes this morning and I got my husband to take a picture of me in the town centre. smiley - laugh

(I've been rash enough to put my name down as a paper candidate for the Green party and they want a picture. I'm only a paper candidate because no-one thinks I have a chance of being elected. It's just to establish a Green presence.)

I spent the afternoon writing a poem. I'm not posting it here, not yet, because it's not ready yet. And because I have two categories of poems - ones that I'm happy for hootoo to have and ones which are more serious attempts to write Proper Poetry. I sometimes send the latter off to magazines, but they don't often get accepted. smiley - sigh

Daydream Journal

Post 6214

minorvogonpoet

I've always found something troubling about 'The Hunting of the Snark.

I suppose I feel it ought to be saying something profound about life, the universe and everything...

Daydream Journal

Post 6215

cactuscafe

Evening all! Yes I'm almost in Cornwall, Exeter tonight peering at h2 on my phone. Been on a train all day, engineering on main line to London so took the long route on a green GWR train, that's Great Western Railway, via Salisbury. Rather pleasant in fact. Great scenery, saw some some castles and a river.

Some castles?

Kind of old fashioned. We had a delay and a chap came round with a tray of free crisps, tonic water and peanuts. No gin though.

All I have at present is a geeky train photo with GWR logo and reflections in the window.

Oh no Mister You have snow again???

Love the sleepy relaxed Molly and Lola and the Snark. smiley - rofl

Daydream Journal

Post 6216

I know I'm nuts, but I always thought 'The Hunting of the Snark' WAS saying something profound about life, the universe, and everything. smiley - rofl

Daydream Journal

Post 6217

bobstafford

Cats and poems great idea and the WWII planes, who is the plane fan?

Daydream Journal

Post 6218

smiley - huh Planes? I'm a big fan of WWII planes myself. I love it when you get to climb around in B-17s at air shows. smiley - smiley

Okay, another relaxing video. Look away if you don't like cats. It's called 'Watching Cats Sleep Isn't Like Watching Paint Dry at All':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntF0Zq5PHY8

Daydream Journal

Post 6219

bobstafford

My father had first hand experiance of the Dakota

Daydream Journal

Post 6220

smiley - cool Or maybe not... I always thought that would be pretty nerve-wracking. Was he a pilot? smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post