This is the Message Centre for Phred Firecloud

Hi Phred!

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Like I said, I don't want to hijack AR's journal with my well-known tendencies to try to get h2g2ers to head my waysmiley - winkeye

Yes, the Smith (and the Klamath--I'm about equidistant from both rivers' mouths) are well known for their fishing. Salmon's been restricted a bit of late--I think there may not even be a salmon season this year (could be wrong--I don't fish, myself, so don't follow closely--and the Klamath runs through--indeed, is the definition of--the Yurok reservation, so I know some salmon will be caught there!) but other species of fish should be just fine. Going by your series in smiley - thepost, smiley - schooloffish could be quite a draw, eh?smiley - winkeye I could even help point out which local restaurants are worth it and inexpensive, which are worth it and expensive, and which are overpriced and not as good as a less expensive place!

OK, yes, I'm babbling, but the 2-month-old keeps making think she's asleepsmiley - yawn

Anyway, have a mufflewhump!

Hi Phred!

Post 2

Phred Firecloud

We will definitely be in the area this summer. We both fell in love with California when I was in Navigator school in Sacramento and she was a San Francisco telephone operator during the Summer of Love...maybe we can drop by to say hello...

I was thinking of Jedediah this morning when I read your post.

But you need to get some sleep...

Hi Phred!

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - cool

Hi Phred!

Post 4

Phred Firecloud

Ha! Here I am.

Just read your edited guide entry on Redwoods.

Well done.

Phred

Hi Phred!

Post 5

W-ell, it's 90+% Gnomon's--I just gave a bit of info about Crescent City and Klamath. And nudged him to finish it. But smiley - ta

Hi Phred!

Post 6

*rereads beginning*

So when, this summer? The 4th is really big around here, but of course it's a bit too close, now (and we're busy--we're running a fireworks booth, and both girls are going to be in the parade. Which reminds me--I need to finish getting stuff to decorate the stroller...) The Salmon Festival in Klamath will be August 16--we may or may not have a table there. Last we checked, vendor applications weren't available yet. I'm not going to make any weather predictions/recommendations, because this past year has just been smiley - weird Heck, it may even be not foggy on the 4th, which is just wrongsmiley - winkeye It'd be nice, though...

Hi Phred!

Post 7

Askadodilges (hides His Foot)

Ten years have dropped behind...I'm back but with a new researcher number...love to hear from old or new friends...

I'm over here now
Researcher U15005302

Hi Phred!

Post 8

Askadodilges (hides His Foot)

Hi Amy,

I've added you to my shortlist of friends over on my new personal space...I took my son to the Kenai river in the town of Soldatna two years ago and "filmed" him catching a salmon on light tackle...he was loath to believe that you could just throw out a bare hook a couple of times and catch a fish

Prodigal Firecloud

Hi Phred!

Post 9

*heads over to the new space*

Key: Complain about this post