This is the Message Centre for Phred Firecloud

Let's Make the Water Turn Black

Post 1

Phred Firecloud

RVs must be able to function on a self-contained basis. Among other things, they have three holding tanks:
- One for fresh water,
- One for "gray water" (sink and shower drains),
- A third tank is for "black water".

The plumbing on my RV has two places to connect a water hose:
- One allows me to fill the freshwater tank or, by moving a lever, connect the RVs plumbing directly to the fresh water supplied by the hose.
- The other connection is used to flush and clean the black water tank. A warning sign says to be sure that the black water drain is open while the flushing process occurs.

In a rush to get setup, I accidentally connected the water supply to the wrong port. After a few minutes, a brown soupy-looking liquid begins to spew and cascade energetically over the roof and down the awnings and both sides of the RV.

The hose water has completely filled the black water tanks and forced the contents of the tank out the roof air vent.

I call Mrs. Phred at the grandchildren's house, explain the situation, and ask her to give me a few extra hours to get the tanks dumped at the Park dump station. Then I climb up on the roof to hose off the disgusting mess. I wash down the sides carefully.

S#$%!
Happens
S#$%!
Happens
It happens, it happens
S#$%!
Happens
S#$%!
Happens
DON'T WORRY!
'cause S#$%! will always happen
smiley - wah

Post 2

tartaronne

smiley - hug

Besides S§!#! - what else is happening. smiley - huhsmiley - biggrin

Post 3

Phred Firecloud

Hi Tartaronne!

We just got back from a trip to the Netherlands and Belgium...Isn't that where you live?

What a LOVELY country...full of tulips, coffehouses, bicyles, windmills and friendly people...

I've been visiting with my seven grandchildren this week.

Tomorrow we depart for an as yet unknown destination...the Salmon will soon be running in Alaska...I can hear them calling...

smiley - biggrin

Post 4

Hypatia

Oh my! I'm not laughing. Really!

Wherever you decide to roam, I hope it's enjoyable. Are you running out of places to visit, yet?

Post 5

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Hehe! smiley - laugh

Sorry, we *really* shouldn't laugh at this sort of thing. Thank you for sharing though! smiley - ok

You'd get on well with some people at the hospital at which I work. Outside the entrance to our emergency department is a cover with two heavy duty valves. This is opened if there is some sort of chemical or biohazard danger. One valve is connected to a compressed air supply. This is used to inflate what looks a bit like a small bouncy castle. The second is connected to a water supply. This is fed into a shower supply inside the "castle" - the idea is that anyone contaminated by hazardous material can have a shower before entering the hospital.

I was passing this as it was being tested out. Two guys were inspecting the connections on the wall - one, ordinary hospital water supply, one high pressure air supply.
"You know, if we just connected one to the other, it could pressurise the whole hospital water supply! That'd be fun when they turn the taps on!"smiley - evilgrin

Post 6

tartaronne

Not exactly in the Netherlands and Belgium. A bit further North in Denmark, Phred. Between 800 and 1.000 km. from my small town, Ørsted.

Give us a call any time you are close by again - and we'll se what happens. smiley - biggrin.

Post 7

tartaronne

The Netherlands are a bit like Denmark in mentality and some of the landscapes. We also have loads of windmills and bicycles - but alas not the tulips.

Post 8

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I'm so sorry to hear of your mishap; happens to the best of us...

I think of you and Mrs Phred this time of year, every time I see an RV toodling down the road. Happy roading!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Phred Firecloud

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more