A Conversation for More Than Just a Cup of Tea: A Japanese Tea Ceremony

Peer Review: A3594107 - More Than Just a Cup of Tea

Post 1

JulesK

Entry: More Than Just a Cup of Tea - A3594107 Author: JulesK - U649222 This Entry has been rescued from the Flea Market. The original PR thread is here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F1720740?thread=419712 and I've hopefully addressed the points made there. The original Researcher is kunoichi. I'm still looking for how to credit her on this version but should have done so by the time folk see this - if not, feel free to enlighten me!

A3594107 - More Than Just a Cup of Tea

Post 2

JulesK

Yep, sorted that one - at the second attempt. I assume my and kunoichi's names are given in the correct places at the side of the Entry?

I forgot to say that I've tried to keep this very much in the original Researcher's style, while altering some of the grammar/wording and addressing points made in the original PR thread.

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 3

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

go to edit the entry, then scroll down past the text box and past the delete this entry bit and there will be a box to 'set researchers' or something similar - you will see you own number listed there. Simplt add her number (- comma and space after yours)

smiley - ok

Post 4

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

When you're editing the page go to Edit the Researcher List at the base of the page and add Kunoichis U Number and she'll be added to the list of researchers smiley - ok

Now off to read the entry as its about 1 of my favourite things smiley - smiley

Post 5

didn't need me afterall smiley - winkeye The subs name wil appear where yours is now and yours will move to the written and researched by box. One of those quirks that confuses everybody!!

Post 6

JulesK

Thanks both of you!

Another question - why are my links to Edited Entries working but not given as a list in the right hand column as is usual? smiley - erm

Post 7

Because you are using A as a link tag

Chai

Use Chai

note there is no need to use HREF if it is a h2g2 entry but if it is an external link then you use

Google

smiley - ok

Post 8

<./>GuideML-LINK</.> helps explain, but ignore the 'pop up' bit as we just take that out in EG entries.

Post 9

JulesK

Thanks very much smiley - cheers

I think I've sorted it smiley - smiley

Post 10

looking good - although you need to lose the first subheader as they shouldn't follow on from the title. Also the The Japanese Tea Ceremony shoulbe be a header rather than a subheader. how a bout having a header 'pronunciation' before the list of countries?

smiley - laugh Tables have turned now smiley - winkeye

Post 11

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

very nice entry, I enjoyed reading it smiley - smiley

Post 12

JulesK

smiley - tongueout

Better?

I'm not yet 100% happy with the new heading for the list but am too sleepy now and will have another think tomorrow.

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 13

JulesK

Eek - sorry, Blackberry Cat - that rudeness was directed at Mort not you!

Post 14

smiley - roflsmiley - ok

Post 15

smiley - laugh

Well you might dream up a header title tonight! smiley - winkeye

But looks good.

Fancy a smiley - tea now!

*off to boil kettle*

Post 16

Homework for tomorrow...

'same rites and routines' - needs a full stop at the end.

'green tea called macha)is scooped with' - needs a space after 'macha)'

'The whisked water is then poured out into another bowl, the kensui, then the tea bowl is cleaned with a chakin (linen cloth).' - might sound a bit better if it was 'and the tea bowl is cleaned... '

That will do for now smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers

Post 17

JulesK

Sorted smiley - ok

Also lay awake cobbling together an opening phrase or two (sad eh?!) as I myself found the Entry a bit disjointed - ie it seemed to jump from one topic to the other with no real linkage. I hope that it reads better now.

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 18

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

I think that the title needs to be more descriptive: there are quite a few entries about tea and how to make and drink it (being one of DNA's bugbears). I also don't see how the first half of the entry (which is about where the names comes from) leads on to the latter (which is the tea ceremony). They sit uneasily together. I'd consider ditching the first half to make it a more coherent whole.

Post 19

JulesK

I'd really like some more feedback on that suggestion, as the original Entry wasn't mine and cutting it so drastically may not be in keeping with the spirit of FM.

However, I do tend to agree - it's been very hard to link the two pieces together smoothly.

What do others think?

Post 20

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I think I have to agree with FM - there are potentially two very good entries here - one about tea around the world and one about the Japanese tea ceremony, but as it stands it really doesn't work smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for More Than Just a Cup of Tea: A Japanese Tea Ceremony

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more