A Conversation for Dragons

Of course dragons exist.

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

Speaking as a dragon, of course we exist. Some of us in Europe have had to assume human form on a more or less permanent basis to avoid the incessant persecution by St. George and his ilk. As a result we have had to adopt a more varied diet - human dragons will eat vegetables. Beware of vegetarian humans who claim to be dragons, however. They're lying. No dragon can exist without a regular intake of meat. We need the protein, you know.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 2

MaW

I don't believe you. I've never met a dragon of any kind whatsoever. I suppose perhaps they could exist on some other plane, but since I've never visited any of them I don'tt believe they exist, let alone any dragons which may or may not live there. Not intending any offense, of course, assuming that in actual fact you ARE a dragon and not somebody with an overactive imagination like me.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 3

Cheerful Dragon

How do you KNOW you've never met a dragon. I mean, I look like a normal (or at least, fairly normal) human being. The dragon is within. And some kinds of dragon can shape-shift. You could be surrounded by them and not know it.

Don't worry. I won't incinerate you for your impudence. I'm a non-smoker! smiley - winkeye

Of course dragons exist.

Post 4

JediSlider

You too?

I had to keep sort of a neutral view to get it accepted. Are you on Draconic? It's my favorite place to get to know other dragons. Most dragons I've met a bit irritated about being forced into human form, the memories of the past life coming back slowly. No choice really, for today is the time of Humans. We'll get our chance again. And as for vegetarian dragons... there are some dragon spirits in human form who have chosen this, for various reasons. The human body they are in can process that, and if they ever are able to regain dragon form, their diet would revert to the dragon one. Haven't met a shapeshifted dragon, only ones who've been reincarnated into this form, with little memory of the previous lives.

And Mad Hair Man, it can be quite difficult to tell who is a dragon. There aren't often physical signs, we're just different though. Those unicorn souls who have found refuge in human form.... they're especially hard to tell. Dragon spirits do exist on other planes. I haven't seen them, but some I know who are in touch with other planes of existence do see the shadows sometimes. Some of us with souls that have been dragons in the past remember something of it. And some with dragon spirits have a part of them that is still attached to other realms. Dragons are quite real, we just try to avoid being known. Someday, me and my dragon kin hope to regain our trueform, when the Earth and the beings on it are ready for us again, and when we are ready to become ourselves again. The memories of soaring over the ocean, swooping up to a cliff... that is what I wish to have again.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 5

MaW

Well perhaps you are telling the truth. I suppose I believe in the existance of China, even though I've never been there. I mean, I've eaten food which I am told is made according to recipes which originated in China, and I've met people who say they've been there. You can't really be sure of anything much these days, can you? For now, I will accept that Dragons exist, along with everything else. Now ghosts, I know they exist, or how else do you explain that feeling you sometimes get when you go into a room in an old house and something wants you to leave...
And don't tell me you don't believe in that but you do believe in Dragons, because I don't think it makes sense.
Feel free to try and convince me otherwise.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 6

Kota

Personaly, I'd rather agree with you. Dragons exist. I've never seen one. I can't prove that they exist, but by the same token I can't prove that they don't exist either. I guess I'm biased being born in the year of the dragon and putting stock in the chinese zodiac. Ghost's I KNOW exist. It seems like every house my family's ever owned has been haunted!

Of course dragons exist.

Post 7

Cheerful Dragon

I was born in the year of the dragon, too. It's where I get my h2g2 name from - one book on Chinese horoscopes gave it as the name for dragons born in that year within the 60-year cycle. Written in transliterated (?) Chinese it's Chia Ch'en. Or something. Anyone Chinese out there can feel free to correct me.

As for ghosts, they don't always manifest themselves as a feeling that you ought to leave. When my husband and I were hunting for our first house we went into one which gave me a very joyous feeling. The previous occupant had died there, and the feeling was as if they had been very happy there and were welcoming other people. The difference when we left was so great that I wanted to cry. My husband didn't feel it, though.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 8

Kota

The whole dragon thing has always facinated me. My room tends to scare the livin' be-jeesus out of the uninitiated around my friends. I some say it's unhealthy. Then again, Quoting the Guide doesn't help my standing either!

Ghosts tend to pop up in the strangest places. I even had to "work" with one. I was working in a discount store where a man died a few years back. Appearantly, I was his "buddy". Lights would cut out around me and things would move without being touched. We lost a lot of stockboys that we. I eventually had to quit because of it. I'd love to meet a friendly ghost like yours.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 9

Hoop the Mottle

The saddest dragon beings are those I have in my backyard.Those poor devils we refer to as "alligators".They were once bright green,scaley dragons roaming the southern region now known as Louisiana.But one day, they trespassed a voodoo doctor's yard and he felt obliged to cast a chicken-legged curse upon the poor creatures.Their wings melted,the hind legs shortened until they were exactly the same as the front legs and then they crashed to their bellies onto the marshy ground. Upon seeing their lowly predicament,they slid quietly off into the bayou waters.People don't talk much about the dragons and where they must have wandered off to.The voodoo doctor's children now own condos on the beaches and have long since given up their old ways of showing off the gators on the gator farm tours.Strange,how some species come to be.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 10

Kota

I don't know which is sadder. The gators, or people throwing them chicken over fences.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 11

Merkin

That depends whether or not the guys throwing the chicken have large mechanical claw-like arms or not.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 12

MaW

I didn't mean that all ghosts were nasty, but those are the only ones I've encountered, at least. And the curious thing is that they always seem to be in a room which isn't billed as being haunted (although they're scary too - this could be purely psychological). As for alligators, I'm not convinced they used to be dragons. You could say the same thing about Iguanas, especially the ones on the Budweiser adverts who can talk. And the frogs, for that matter. And I agree that it's not possible to prove that dragons don't exist. It's not actually possible to disprove anything, because, as we all know: "In an infinite universe, anything, even The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, is possible."

There still remains the distinction between possible and probable, though.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 13

Kota

Can anyone disprove the existance of the Guide??

Of course dragons exist.

Post 14

Cheerful Dragon

The critters on the Budweiser ads are chamaeleons, not iguanas!

Of course dragons exist.

Post 15

meekzer0

Some beleive that there are two dragons, one good,
and one evil, each at an opposite end of the astral plane.
The "good" dragon is best represented
by the Chinese dragon. Its elements are Water and Earth.
It manifests these because it cannot fly and it is
often seen swimming. It is also seen as a symbol of luck
and goodwill. The European dragon would be the evil one.
It is represented by Air and Fire. It can fly, and breathes
fire. It is seen as a menace and often kidnaps and kills
humans.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 16

meekzer0

Update..hit wrong button.
These two dragons are said to fight each other
for all eternity, and represent the good vs. evil
, light vs. dark, and the yin and the yan, which
balance each other out. If the dark dragon is defeated,
the universe will be bathed in light and good. If the
light dragon is defeated, the universe will be plunged
into darkness and evil. Variations on this can be found
in almost every religion, including christianity/judaism and
even islam and bhuddism/hinduism.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 17

MaW

Hmm. I wonder why... this obviously has something to do with the aliens who used to run the planet.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 18

meekzer0

Actually, according to some, yes. The aliens are
worker drones of the evil dragon. They have a hive mind
and have also been known to kidnap humans (abductions)
There also are alien paraleels, especially in the bible
, such as the chariots of fire, ezekiels wheel within a
wheel, and the "serpent" in the garden of eden.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 19

MaW

They don't have a hive mind, but they like to pretend they do in order to confuse the Watchers and the US military.

Of course dragons exist.

Post 20

meekzer0

(Again, these are not my personal views), but the U.S. Military (Area 51) is generally seen as being in league with these aliens, and the Watchers are descended from alien/human hybrids and genetic engineering, so both these groups would not be "fooled" by anything the aliens may do. The connection between the U.S. Military and the aliens was alleged to have formed when the U.S. smuggled Nazi Scientists over here from Germany (Paperclip), and the Nazis supposedly spread their beliefs/connections to the military over here. Hitler often "saw" strange beings that nobody else could see and talked relentlessly of the "hollow earth" where the "secret masters" lived. This has a creepy parallel to the Leprechaun stories of old, where People were taken into the "little green men's" "city under the earth".

Key: Complain about this post