This is the Message Centre for London Spring-Summer meet 2011- A79731967

Autumn/winter H2G2 London meet?

Post 1

London Spring-Summer meet 2011- A79731967

ya want one?
When?
Who?
Is it worth bothering any more with the increasingly low turnouts? smiley - erm Discuss.

Post 2

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

I'd smiley - love a meet!

Participation, however, is as usual depending on smiley - 2cents and possibility to get time off w*rk.

smiley - dragon

Post 3

lostmonalisa

i'm too canadian.

Post 4

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

London's too far away and too expensive.

smiley - cheers

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

There were lots of people at the Spring Meet!

Post 6

Mu Beta

I feel guilty having missed every single meet since I started teaching, but it's true that London is such a faff.

Can we try rolling the meet around the country a bit? I'd be much easier going to Birmingham or Oxford.

B

Post 7

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

There are still lots of meets in other places apart from the London ones. We have Scottish meets all the time, it's just that none of you miserable smiley - bleeps will come to them. smiley - tongueout

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

If it's anywhere else except London, I'll have to hire a car. Which I did for the Hull meet; it was great!

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

Are there airports near?

Post 10

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Anyone is free to organise a meet where they want. Last weekend there was a hootoo meet in Düsseldorf, Germany.

Usually we're quite a bunch coming from "overseas" and for us London is very convenient place of entry.

smiley - dragon

Post 11

Gnomon - time to move on

How about a meet-up in Bath? Or even in the bath?

Post 12

aka Bel - A87832164

Didn't they close that?

Post 13

Mu Beta

Bath would be a smashing place for a meet! I second that! Lots of good pubs and good culture.

In fact, somewhere I have a Bath Treasure Hunt which takes in all the touristy bits and would serve as a perfect afternoon activity.

B

Post 14

aka Bel - A87832164

I've been to Bath once (a good 20 years ago), and I remember I liked it. No idea how I'd get there, though.

Post 15

Gnomon - time to move on

It is possible to fly to Bristol, which is close to Bath, but I don't suppose you can fly there from Frankfurt.

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

On the other hand, we could have the meet in somewhere like Cambridge which is easy to get there by flying with Ryanair to Stansted and getting a bus to Cambridge. I've done it.

But I don't want to fly Ryanair if possible. How about somewhere west of Heathrow, that can be reached easily by bus?

Post 17

aka Bel - A87832164

I'll just wait for the next London meet in that case. It's not sure I'll be able to make an autumn meet anyway. smiley - smiley

Post 18

Roman Baths and an old garden - georgian? is what I remember most from an afternoon excursion to Bath some eight or nine years ago. The water served at the Roman Bath smelled awful, I don't think I tasted it.

I still like a London meet though.

smiley - dragon

Post 19

Gnomon - time to move on

So would I.

Post 20

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

i dont know if i would be comfortable travelling to london on my own, sorry!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for London Spring-Summer meet 2011- A79731967

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more