This is the Message Centre for Jazzwire

SV650

Post 1

Keypher

I'm fixated on getting my own SV650. What do you think now that you've had it for a while? How does it compare to other bikes you've ridden? Is it really more "fun" than most other bikes? I have a GS550L now. It looks pretty cool, but I'm hesitant to be a nut on it and it won't do wheelies (sigh). Have you been affected by any problems with the clutch sticking? Be aware that some SVs were recalled over some issue with trapped air blocking the flow of oil. Thanks

SV650

Post 2

Jazzwire

It's the only bike I've owned (and I've only had 5 mins on my mates CBR 400) so I can't give you a personal comparison...
However, another friend has a GSXR750, and he likes the SV, as it's very powerful in the midrange. It's also got good drive out of corners. I took it to the UK, and it's not bad on the A roads... (easy to get 3 figures =) I'm still finding how well the SV can go round corners, certainly better than I can... =)

Mine wasn't affected by the recall, but it is due for it's next service...

For all the info you want on the SV, check http://www.sv650.org

Hope that helps.. =)

SV650

Post 3

Keypher

Since I wrote that last message someone ran into my car! Now I rely entirely on my old Suzuki (18,000+ miles). So, I'm pretty likely to get a new bike. I'm glad to hear you like yours. I love the curves and most of the riding around this part of New Jersey is rolling farm land.

I checked out that site, too.

Thanks.

SV650

Post 4

Keypher

One week later...
I bought a blue one yesterday. Woohoo! What a ride. Like you said, it corners better than I do. It seems ready for anything. It's pretty quiet and I'm even thinking of putting on a different pipe. Some guy on that site you mentioned has his own site that goes into detail about how to install a new one. He even had a few sound files to check out.
Very happy riding and thanks again,
Chris

SV650

Post 5

Jazzwire

Glad you like it... =)
I've clocked up 3500 miles on mine so far, and it's getting better all the time...

Happy riding... =)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jazzwire

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more