A Conversation for Ask h2g2

September the 11th today

Post 21

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Let's quietly remember the day with dignity.

That is how the families and survivors would prefer it.

smiley - rosesmiley - peacedovesmiley - rose

September the 11th

Post 22

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

smiley - peacedove

smiley - fullmoon

September the 11th today

Post 23

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

i celebrated at church

September the 11th today

Post 24

I just was in private thought.

September the 11th today

Post 25

was my sisters anniversary

September the 11th today

Post 26

Thats nice. I wondered why you were celebrating the events of 9 11 ?

September the 11th today

Post 27

HonestIago

LW, while I understand your motivations and I think they're honourable, think about the families and friends of victims of the attack. It has been 4 years, and these people are probably putting their lives back together again. Probably the last thing they want is for the worst day of their lives to splashed all over the media again. They probably want to get on with their lives.
For that reason I think it's a bit wrong to make a fuss too long after an event such as this. If people want to observe the anniversary, fine, but let it be a personal, private thing, like the grief of those affected by the event

September the 11th

Post 28

True but we should not forget.

September the 11th

Post 29

i've got more sympathy for combat veterans...let's not forget Munich 72 either ..."at the going down of the Sun"

September the 11th

Post 30

Well it was all very tradgic and we must not just sit down and take it.

September the 11th

Post 31

HonestIago

I don't think people involved will ever be able to forget, but for the rest of us it might not be such a bad thing.
September the 11th has had monstrous effects on the world. I remember in 2001 saying "This is going to change the world" and unfortunately it has. No lessons have been learnt by either side of the ideological dispute and we have been left with an incredibly difficult world. Perhaps it would be best if some of us did forget the event, that way we wouldn't repeat some of the mistakes made in the last 4 years

September the 11th

Post 32

Well somebody has to pay for the crime sadly Iraq was in wrong place at wrong time and harbouring terrorists.

September the 11th

Post 33

HonestIago

>>harbouring terrorists<<
Proof please. In a way you've just proved my point about why we should forget

September the 11th

Post 34

Well I am not saying it was right to attack Iraq I feel it was a big mistake.

September the 11th

Post 35

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

<>

The men personally responsible for all of the devastation died with the innocents. Hunting for someone else to blame is futile, and will NOT bring back one lost soul.

Life goes on ...

September the 11th

Post 36

True but what is done is done

September the 11th

Post 37

HonestIago

But LW, the attack on Iraq isn't done, it is *being done* There are still US and UK (and a horde of others) troops in Iraq. There are still troops in Afghanistan because of September 11th. People need to move on beyond quiet sympathy for those affected, I see no reason why I should continue to have feelins about the attack

September the 11th

Post 38

I know that I menht it was started now has to be finished but at what cost money wise and in human lives?

Key: Complain about this post