A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Anyone have the rules to Discordian Solitaire?

Post 1

Q*bert

I'm looking for the rules rto Discordian Solitaire. I found the rules on a website several months ago, but I was using someone else's computer and couldn't print or download them. When I went back to down load the rules, the website no longer existed! I've found Discordian Solitaire links on several Discordian Websites (which proves that the game is well-known, or at least known, in some circles) but they all lead to the same defunct page. Is it gone forever?

By the way, I asked the "How do I..?" forums about this as well, and the posting languished for weeks with no response whatsoever. I'm losing hope... (Here Q*bert makes his eyes big and produces enormous tears, like one of the children in a Keane painting)

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

You might try e-mailing [email protected]. He goes by the name of "Blade" and seems to be the person who originally hosted the page with the rules of Discordian Solitaire, although I'm not sure about this.

Post 3

Pheroneous

Don't torture yourself so, Q'bert. Tis a lonely life.

The 'Ask' forum provides solitary solace of another sort, but you appear to have missed the point. You are supposed to answer yourself, and involve the many aspects of your personality in a long discursive exchange of philosophical discussions. 'Off topic solitaire'. One of the many amusements provided for your delight and entertainment here!

Post 4

Q*bert

ThanQ

Post 5

Q*bert

ThanQ.

I'm considering writing an entry on this game for posterity -- if I ever find the !@#$%^&* thing.

Post 6

JK the unwise

AHHHH i had them But
I must have delited
the file If you are
really desperate I
can get the print off
Ive got at home.
dance the merry dance
ohhhhh baby.....
JK the unwise
smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more