A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Since when do we have to accept cookies?

Post 61

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Did you have Captcha Crunch for breakfast?

Post 62

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I have now heard from the mods..and they have changed my sign in details..however my workaround of saving my page has still worked this am without my putting in any password. A bit confused as a consequence.

Post 63

Confusion is not unknown on this site.

Post 64

You can call me TC

It hasn't worked for me, BTW; I still have to "accept" FOUR times before I can see the screen. smiley - grr

Post 65

Baron Grim

Well, I JUST now got logged back in with help from "moderators".

What's truly weird is I NEVER got an email when I repeatedly clicked "reset password" from the login screen.

Either something is wrong on their end or, possibly, my email client is hiding its spam folder. I can't find one at all in Thunderbird. It's possible the emails got diverted to spam and I just can't find them.

But I'm logged back in now and that's the important thing. smiley - oksmiley - pggb

Post 66

Welcome back.

Welcome front, too. smiley - smiley

Post 67

Baron Grim

I'm surprised (and a bit disappointed) that my thread backlog wasn't much, much worse. It wasn't even as much as I sometimes see after a night sleep. smiley - sadface

Post 68

How long were you away?

Post 69

Baron Grim

Since the weekend. I was able to get on via my tablet for a couple of days, but I didn't use it much.

Post 70

That'snot a long time.

Post 71

Baron Grim

Not really, not quite a week, but it seemed busier when I wasn't able to access it properly. smiley - laugh

Post 72

Baron Grim

Oh! And of smiley - bleep course, that damn cookies banner is back with a vengeance. Seriously this has to stop.

Post 73

I doubt that it will stop. Can you think of a calming mantra so that you don't mind it? smiley - smiley

Post 74

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Think of it as extra excercise. I wonder how many calories you burn with each added click, let alone the energy consumed by te generated anger (possibly even more than the clicking thing)

Post 75

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Remember ye olden days when some of the more heated threads (sometimes, but not always, heated by a researcher with lots of o's in their name smiley - winkeye) generated a half-dozen or more full pages of replies overnight? Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end...hey there's a song in that smiley - huh

Post 76

The daydream journal generates more than one page in less than a day sometimes.

Post 77

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

And it's back!!smiley - grrsmiley - grrsmiley - grrsmiley - grrsmiley - grr

Post 78

Aha! Used the add blocker and it's gone..

Post 79

I remember more innocent times, when the Cookie Monster was happy to take any unwanted cookies off people's hand. As well as some wanted ones.

Post 80

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Also singing about losing his cookie in the disco.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more