A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What are your favourite Easter films?

Post 1

Bluebottle

Are there many Easter films? There's loads about Christmas, but Easter? Tell me your favourites, from 'Easter Parade' to 'Hop' and anything inbetween.

<BB<

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

There aren't a lot that come to mind, and I would not be sure that ma y of them are "favorites," but here are a few that I can think of:

"Rise of the guardians"
"Greatest story ever told"
"Jesus Christ Superstar"

it's been so long since I saw any of them that I'm not even clear about what they were like.

"Enchanted April" briefly touches on Easter, and I liked the movie.
"Holiday Inn" has lots of holidays, including easter

Also, if you are talking about movies on DVD, there's a an expression"Easter Eggs" which means special features to delight fans.

Post 3

Bluebottle

'Springtime with Roo' is another Easter-themed Disney thing, which is essentially 'A Christmas Carol' set at Easter, with Rabbit being Scrooge.

My favourite Easter-themed film would have to be 'Life of Brian' - it ends with crucifixion after all. Mind you, so does 'Spartacus'...

<BB<

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Life of Brian" never occurred to me as a possibility smiley - doh. I like it very much.

Now that I think of it, "Last Temptation of Christ" would be an Easter film, as well.

If they made movies of the Bach Passions, they would qualify.

Post 5

belle riggs

I suggest that one movie entitled, "The life of Pi". It's really calssic life story movie that I still watch it until now.
https://2048.onl/

Post 6

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Does The Hobbit count?

There is a riddle about eggs (Eggses, according to Gollum)

Post 7

Teasswill

What about 'Harvey' - it contains a rabbit, though not named as an Easter bunny....

Key: Complain about this post