A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Anyone taking up new home based activities?

Post 21

Teasswill

I've finally managed to complete 'Dear Esther' on PS4. The reviews indicate it takes a mere 2 hours - I should think it's taken me easily twice that, if not more, plus watching a walk through of various bits. Very satisfying having reached the credits, albeit rather mystified what it was all about. Beautiful & absorbing, anyway.

Wasted a bit of time updating my card details to buy some more cheap games too.

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I have about 15 books that I'm in the process of reading. About half will need to go back to the local library (which s not open, though it has a book drop). The others are ones I have bought or received as gifts.

Post 23

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Dammit! I've still not located any flour..But when I do I'm going to pummel the dough and think it's the entire guvvermint getting a good slapping.smiley - teasmiley - teasmiley - tea

Post 24

Well, the Prime Minister is infected by Covid-19, as is Prince Charles. I doubt that anyone was waiting for the prince to do something, but the Prime Minister is someone who ought to be taking charge. How can he do that if he's sick?

Post 25

Teasswill

They should have a strategy for that event, with deputies etc. No-one in government should be considered indispensable. Even with video link, I don't think a man with a fever should be leading us. Just shows he wasn't taking his own advice - so how can we trust his judgement?

Post 26

People have had endless debates about what leadership is. Did FDR count as a leader? He was in a wheelchair. He talked to the nation and the world on the radio, as that was what people had then.

Key: Complain about this post