A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is there anything that you just don't care about?

Post 1

Pink Paisley

For instance, I have no concern over hair shampoo price inflation.

If hair shampoo inflation was running at say, 5% and I'm losing hair at the rate of 5% per year, it's going to have no impact on me at all. In fact, since inflation is running at less than 5% here at the moment, I'm probably quids in!

PP.

Post 2

Baron Grim

I hadn't heard about Shampoo price inflation, but it doesn't effect me at all.

I stopped using shampoo a few years ago and my hair's never been better. I clean my hair with a water and baking soda mixture. My hair is soft and less oily and my dandruff is gone.

Post 3

Icy North

Hollywood.

I simply couldn't care less what movies they make, who produces/directs them, who acts in them, or how much money they make at the box office.

It was not always like this, but now it is, and it's irretrievable.

Post 4

Baron Grim

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I sincerely could not care less about any Kardashians. I think I could only even pick one Kardashian out in a line-up. Being famous for simply being famous should not be a thing. There is way too much attention being given to these meta-celebrities.

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I don't care about my electric bill. Now that electricity is deregulated, all sorts of companies have sprung up to deliver it, deluging me with annoying calls.

I also don't care about that company that wants me to renew an extended warranty on six-year-old car. I want to be free to decide whether I keep the car or trade it for another. Whoever owns it after me should be free to decide on extended warranties.

Post 6

Baron Grim

My car is 21 years old and I'm constantly barraged by robocalls warning me that my warranty is about to expire. smiley - laugh

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

television, including moovies.... celibs in whatever media smiley - erm

shampoo inflation doesn't affect me either, really... mainly because I already buy an insainely expensive shampoo, but largely because I only buy it when its half priced smiley - thiefsmiley - 2cents

Oh, and 'fashion' - asides the fact its actually getting increasingly difficult now, to find jeans, that aren't covered in symmetrical pre-added rips and tears smiley - huhsmiley - weird Hmm.... probably a ton of other stuff too smiley - erm

Post 8

The lost

I don't care about PPI

Mainly because I've never had it, so I definitely won't have been missold it.

Those people whose job it is never believe me though, they can't believe I've got to my ripe old age and I've never had a credit card or loan.

Post 9

Bluebottle

I don't care about Soap Operas at all. I have no knowledge of them, and I don't know why so many people in the office like to read about what is going to happen in advance and then tell each other 'In tonight's episode Aaron will say, 'You're out of order, get out of my pub, you slag!', Abbie will respond, 'You slag, you're out of order – get out of MY pub!' only for Abdul to intervene with 'Get out of MY pub you slags, you're out of order!' ' (Names chosen 'cos they're near the start of the alphabet and have no bearing on real soap characters).
Are the cast only allowed to say the same phrases over and over again – and nothing else?

<BB<

Post 10

The lost

I feel your pain BB

I am forced to watch emmerdale I have never known any show that can drag out a story line over month's (lucky killing everyone in sight) and get away with it. It's drivel!

Post 11

Icy North

Soaps only exist because they're addictive for a sector of the viewing public. I'm not surprised they're on commercial channels, but I can't work out why the BBC shows them. They can't be that cheap to make.

They do however serve as nurseries for generating slebs for shows such as Strictly Come Dancing.

Post 12

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

I'm getting married in August. Well, *we're* getting married.

It's been a revelation. Planning a wedding has introduced me to a whole world of new things that I just don't care about, which I nevertheless have to form some sort of opinion on.

Post 13

Bluebottle

Soaps on the BBC is Michael Grade's legacy – he cancelled 'The Tripods' and 'Doctor Who' and diverted the money into making 'EastEnders'.smiley - bluesmiley - crysmiley - wah

Ah yes, I remember having to have opinion on what colour theme we should have for our wedding, when I thought the theme was 'you and I are getting married'smiley - love. How many chrysanthemums should we have on the tables (why can't we just stick daisies in jam jarssmiley - empty)? Who should we sit Great Aunt Bertha, who you've never met, next to?

<BB<

Post 14

Some daisies *are* Chrysanthemums. (Montauk daisies used to be called Chrysanthemum Nipponica.) See, the daisy family is a big one.

Could Great Aunt Bertha decide the colour scheme? smiley - evilgrin

Post 15

Pink Paisley

Otto. Just a couple of words of advice from a man who has been there.

When you form an opinion, just make sure it's the right one before you express it.

Remember what your opinion was and if you find yourself having to express it again, check again that it is still the right opinion just in case you should have changed your mind.

PP.

Post 16

Pink Paisley

In fact, if you can find out discretely what your opinion is before you express it in the first place you'll be ok.

PP.

Post 17

bobstafford

Have not seen the relations for decades suppose that is a clue!

Post 18

Baron Grim

Eurovision...

I couldn't care about even if I wanted to. It's just not a thing in the States. If it was, I'm not sure if I'd care or not. I might, simply because it's original music. I absolutely LOATHE all the typical talent based reality shows like American Idol, The Voice, &c.
I refer to them as karaoke shows, because that's exactly what they are. They're overproduced, overly and artificially dramatic karaoke. People on flashy TV stages singing cover songs for a set of music celebrities for judges (including "The Mean One", "The Sweet One", and "The Other One").

The few clips I've seen of Eurovision acts have been... interesting. This is probably selection bias though, as they would have to be interesting, typically in an odd way, to get my attention. But I doubt I'd get into it as I suspect most of the acts are Pop music and I've just never been that big of a fan of Pop music.

Anyway, that's why I just smiley - elvised out of the Eurovision thread.

Post 19

Talent shows like "American Idol" are for selling the viewers on whatever acts are presented. Entertainment is an afterthought. The obviously talented people get contracts without appearing on those shows.

Post 20

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

I have no knowledge of UK soaps - Corry Street and others - nor the live stuff like EuroVision or what-ever is is called. None appear here on my basic cable service.

But even North American soaps . . . . pah.

Key: Complain about this post