A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Would you drink tea with a gravy meal?

Post 21

Bluebottle

Yes, the line 'see some more' doesn't really work unless you can actually see something...

<BB<

Post 22

logicus tracticus philosophicus

(i.e. wine is not usually sold at fish and chip shops) Nope its given away free we call it vinegar...

Post 23

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Mother would know all about vinegar.

Post 24

Cheerful Dragon

Regarding the drink, a Buck's Fizz has to be champagne and orange juice. A Mimosa can be sparkling wine and orange juice. Either is great for breakfast.

As for meals to drink tea with, it's all a matter of personal taste. I don't usually have drinks *with* a meal. I drink before or after eating. If I do have something with the meal it's usually water. My drink of choice at any time of day is tea.

Post 25

Baron Grim

When I was a kid, some folks considered it a matter of etiquette to specifically not drink during a meal. My family didn't follow that custom and I've never understood it. Some foods can be rather dry and call for a swig of liquid to wash it down, as it were. I think there's less chance for choking that way. It can also clear the palette between foods.

Post 26

Champagne can only come from the Champagne region of France, and it can only be made using Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier. You could theoretically have a sparkling wine that is from Chamnpagne but not made from those three wines. Or, you could make sparkling wine from those three wines if they are made form grapes grown outside the Champagne region.

Post 27

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

"It all goes down the same way" my nan used to say. The kind of thing said by people who are thankful to have some food at all to be honest. Although never was there a day without tea.

Post 28

I've heard that during hard times people can reuse the same teabag over and over. But once you've had wine go down your throat, you don't get to drink it again....

Post 29

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Dont know about that some "hipsters" will drink it again be fore its been "sewered, and refined again" while its still hot so to speak...

Post 30

smiley - yuk

Post 31

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I've never heard of such a thing. I suspect it's a lie of some sort.

Key: Complain about this post