A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Survivors

Post 1

Icy North

Did you manage to avoid the Great SQL Error?

Site survivors, please muster here, and declare your possessions, so we can share them out.

Survivors

Post 2

Baron Grim

Partial victim. Fortunately I log in from multiple devices and browsers so I have alternate access for the moment.

Survivors

Post 3

Icy North

Any possessions?

I found what I think is 2legs' smiley - handbag, containing his smiley collection: Two smiley - zen, two smiley - pony and a smiley - snork

Survivors

Post 4

Baron Grim

All I have left --> smiley - 2cents

Survivors

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I found a dead pig, but I've left it where I found it.

Survivors

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Partial victim here, too - I found a browser that wasn't logged out automatically yesterday, so I'm in. Phew

*examines pockets*

smiley - applesmiley - 2centssmiley - spork

smiley - ok

Survivors

Post 7

Icy North

We have to build a rough shelter out of that lot.

Survivors

Post 8

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Somebody want to tell me what's going on here? smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

Survivors

Post 9

Baron Grim

I'm not exactly sure what is happening but here's my take. There is a serious issue with the Pliny log in process, the VOGONS system. It's not allowing anyone to log in due to some SQL error apparently. If you're already logged in, especially if you normally use a Ripley skin, you stay logged in. But if you log out or your browser dumps your cookies (this seems to be what happened to me with my Chrome browser at work) then you can't log back in.

If you want to see for yourself, do so on a spare computer or with another browser.

This error seems to have cropped up over the weekend.

Survivors

Post 10

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

And we are back.

Survivors

Post 11

Pink Paisley

Permanently logged on on my phone here.

I am in Latvia with phone and tablet at the moment. Phone is ok. Tablet says no.

Carnage when I get home then?

PP.

Survivors

Post 12

Baron Grim

"And we are back" - Still Incognitas

Your just speaking for yourself, correct?

I just checked and the VOGONS are still blocking the entrance.

Survivors

Post 13

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well I'm here aren't I?Dunno where everyone else though.

Survivors

Post 14

Anyway I'm happy in Brunel land..
smiley - smiley

Survivors

Post 15

Icy North

Nice to get that Pliny riff raff off the site. Maybe we can redecorate those pages with a few fish on bicycles.

Survivors

Post 16

Pink Paisley

And although I have just crossed the Latvia - Estonia border, I seem still to be in Alabasterland.

PP.

Survivors

Post 17

Baron Grim

How long is this Vogon siege going to last?

Survivors

Post 18

Icy North

Not a lot of information to go on, there. Maybe they'll never fix it, and we'll have to come to terms with being the only surviving hitchhikers.

Around 10-15 currently active, I think. Of course, we'll experience tragedies on the way:

"Sorry to hear the news about BG. Damned shame - a Chrome update cleared his cache. Terrible way to go"

Survivors

Post 19

Baron Grim

And at such a young age. Just 16 years. smiley - brave

Survivors

Post 20

Mol - on the new tablet

I didn't realise I'd survived something ...

Mol

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more