A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Who Dunnit?

Post 1

Create: endeavours in reading, writing, rhythm, blues, art, photography, and biscuits.

h2g2 is hosting a Murder Mystery night this coming Sunday and everyone is invited to come along, watch and try and guess Who Dunnit.

Will you be at a loose end on Sunday? h2g2 will be here to entertain you - to remove the boring 'end of weekend' feeling - to keep you on your toes, to give you the opportunity to become an armchair detective.

If you've ever thought of being Poirot, Miss Marple, or solving Cluedo in virtual life; then we have a mystery planned for you.

Players will be invited to watch a mystery unfold, culminating in one of our actors being killed. We will ask you to take part by playing detective - quizzing the remaining players and trying to decipher the murder. If it was a murder that is...

So, are you coming along?

All game rules will be published beforehand over at Mr Body's space: U14997463

Who Dunnit?

Post 2

Rod

Mr Body gets an ACE welcome
Love it!

Who Dunnit?

Post 3

Vip

What a gosh darned brilliant idea.

Typically I'm at a friend's house playing games, so cannot be in attendance, but have fun!

smiley - fairy

Who Dunnit?

Post 4

Icy North

I think it's a great idea too. I hope you get enough attendees to make it worthwhile smiley - ok

Who Dunnit?

Post 5

Z

Excellent fun.. I'll try and be there...

Who Dunnit?

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Saturday night I'm bringing a friend to a "Murder at the Library" program at the library where I used to work. The setting is a cocktail party for a celebrated actress, who is discovered dead in the stacks. The attendees have to guess which of the actors murdered her. Some of the names are clever: Hera Winn, Rose S. Withers, etc.

Who Dunnit?

Post 7

Peanut

Sunday????

*swears* I thought it was Saturday, I am rubbish at dates

and I have been looking forward this for ages

right I am going to be there, well I hope I am, won't be through lack of trying

I think I have wifi, it will be sooo slow, if at all

but hey the comfort of a laptop, a plug and possibly even a sofa, think I might be chucked out by 9pm

after I might have to perch on sund dunes to get it on an ipod, which I don't really know how too work and my fingers ar going to be cold

which of course would eplain perfectly any typos

smiley - wah it isn't on Saturday

Who Dunnit?

Post 8

HonestIago

I'll probably be here, but I'm rubbish so I'll not be much use.

It was Hoo who dunnit, was it?

Who Dunnit?

Post 9

Peanut

oo, nah, while definate contender
he gets staked after the first ad breaks smiley - whistle

Who Dunnit?

Post 10

Pastey

Even if you can't make it to watch during the evening as events unfold they'll be there for you to catch up on when you can, and you'll still be able to have a guess!

Who Dunnit?

Post 11

You can call me TC

I'll see, but we might spontaneously decide to go to the cinema.

Who Dunnit?

Post 12

You can call me TC

Will there be an indication of what time this all takes place at some point?

Who Dunnit?

Post 13

Rod

No doubt I'll be keeping an eye out on Sunday evening & checking up Monday morning ...

You downunderbuggers do make things awkward at times innit

Who Dunnit?

Post 14

Peanut

well, I am just saying here and now , it weren't me that staked Hoo smiley - devil

Who Dunnit?

Post 15

Pastey

It should be starting at about 8pm UK time smiley - smiley

Who Dunnit?

Post 16

Beatrice

I shall try to be there

Who Dunnit?

Post 17

You can call me TC

*counts on fingers* - OK that's 9 pm our time, taking into account that the clocks go back this weekend that's .. er, still 8 pm your time, 9 pm our time...

Who Dunnit?

Post 18

h2g2 Guide Editors

8 pm UK time: I believe the clocks go back here the night before.

The clues will be in the preliminary 'action', and of course you will be able to read all the conversations between the players and the participating detectives, so even if you're not able to play along in real time, you will still be able to follow the plot, in all its twists and turns.

We really hope that this will be a fun event, and look forward to reading your solutions.

Who Dunnit?

Post 19

Rod

Oh, the clocks. That'll be... even worse.
10am Monday when I oughterbe knee deep in clarts in the gaerden.

Y'know, one g'day I'm gonna post something really worthwhile & make you lot wait and wait and wait for it.

Who Dunnit?

Post 20

atinythorn

This sounds like a great idea, I hope to be there with my deerstalker and magnifying glass smiley - ok

smiley - pony

Key: Complain about this post