Post 1443

A Super Furry Animal

lol

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Advertising stupidity - now with added Title

Post 1444

Bright Blue Shorts

"Rather than picking a team, we are having a 'total goals' sweepstake at work."

Assuming you only count 'proper' goals (and discount any after penalties kicks) ... I'd say you'll do well if you bet 80.

If you do add in penalty kicks you can propably expect there to be another 20-30 of those depending on whether you think 2 or 3 games will go to them.

Post 1445

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

What the hell is "Pro-Calcium"?

Post 1446

A Super Furry Animal

It's what plays against Am-Calcium in Pro-Am toothbrushing?

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 1447

Researcher 815350

smiley - bluelight Bull sh*t alert! smiley - bluelight

L'OREAL AGE RE-PERFECT PRO-CALCIUM CREAM 50ML

VERY MATURE SKIN

ANTI-SLACKENING+ANTI-FRAGILITY INTENSIVE RESTORING CREAM SPF15

AGE RE-PERFECT Pro-Calcium is a day cream for everyday use on the face and neck. Pleasantly fragranced, its rich, luxurious and non-sticky texture wraps the skin, preventing any feeling of tightness for all day comfort. Avoid contact with the eyes.

AGE RE-PERFECT Pro-Calcium contains SPF 15 protection against daily UV rays.

From the age of 60, the body is less able to retain calcium.

For the skin, this calcium deficit can weaken the cohesion of skin cells. With age, the skin loses density, dries out and becomes thinner and fragile. The skin's support fibres deteriorate and the skin sags and slakens.

-Inspired by the recent findings on the essential role of calcium in the epidermis, the L'Oreal laboratories have developed AGE RE-PERFECT Pro-Calcium, to cater for the specific needs of very mature skin. It has a specific complex which provides calcium to the skin and helps strengthen the skin's barrier function.

> ACTIONS

-Anti-slackening: Skin is more resilient , more supple, denser and is preserved for longer.

-Anti-fragility: Enriched with essential elements, AGE RE-PERFECT helps to restore the protective function of the skin. Deeply hydrated, skin is better protected, more resistant and looks plumper.

Enriched with essential elements, the luxurious and silky texture is a pleasure to use and delivers extreme comfort.

smiley - erm

Post 1448

Cheerful Dragon

You can find a definition of most of the 'active ingredients' in face creams, but not that one. A search for 'pro calcium' just brings up loads of sites trying to sell you the L'Oreal product. Basically, it's just a piece of sales/marketing techno-babble with no real significance, as far as I can tell.

Post 1449

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Total goals including penalties.

I think I was a little under, however as most people went for something around the 100 mark, I thought I'd go under same as some people went over. It's not like I've put my life savings on it, and it'll be funny if I win smiley - biggrin

Damned penalty shoot-outs!!! smiley - grr

Post 1450

The Groob

I could've really liked the advert they're showing during the Euros that has the barman acting out the stages of a guy being done for drink driving, but they went and spoiled it by having the barman overegging the pudding at the end by doing a stupid stare. Don't try too hard! smiley - groan

Post 1451

Todaymueller

The mini car advert , where the car drives onto a sandy beach and drives around like a rally car . Why is this being presented as an acceptable way to behave ? The WHD ads are guilty of the same thing . It doesn't matter how your behaviour effects other people as long as you are 'having a laugh' is the message .

best fishes......tod

Post 1452

Xanatic

I thought that was the modern british way?

Post 1453

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

Stoopid Logo Department :

This one from a major paint manufacturer

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/

whose annoying little symbol is our planet being doused in red paint from an upturned can, along with the catchy little slogan :

"...cover the Earth. "

alec.smiley - grr

Post 1454

A Super Furry Animal

So, Pedigree "Back To Nature" dog food has just been advertised at me by the tell-o-vision.

It's trying to convince dog-owners that it's a "natural" dog food.

1. It comes in pellets.
2. Those pellets are multicoloured in a way that I suspect is far from natural.
3. It plays on all those "natural" things...rice, corn, carrots. Last time I looked, dogs were carnivores descended from wolves.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 1455

Moving On

Perhaps the advertisers are hoping to play on their social consciences?

Or something?

smiley - erm

Post 1456

DaveBlackeye

smiley - rolleyes That'll be the "natural" vegetable derivatives that are processed, mixed with mechanically recovered animal remains, dried, pressed into pellets and then soaked in preservatives before being packed in materials synthesised from something that might've been alive millions of years ago. But the important thing is everything is derived from natural ingredients. Like, well, everything smiley - erm

As if the dog gives a toss anyway...

Post 1457

Cheerful Dragon

"Last time I looked, dogs were carnivores descended from wolves."

Yes, RF, dogs are carnivores. But, like foxes, dogs can and will eat all kinds of stuff. Foxes will eat eggs, beetles, slugs, fruit, whatever they can get. Cats, on the other hand, need a high protein diet and that means meat to the exclusion of everything else. A dog could live on cat food, but a cat couldn't live on dog food - the protein content isn't high enough.

Post 1458

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Still a stupid advert though smiley - tongueout

Post 1459

Researcher 815350

*LOL*

Post 1460

The Groob

I really dislike adverts that make out that having dodgy integrity or treating other people badly is a good thing. Like the one where a guy finds his mate tied to a bed and robbed and takes photos instead of doing the right thing and contacting the police. Like the Wicked ones. Like anything with petty one-upmanship or point scoring. Ugh.

Key: Complain about this post