A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How greedy are we?

Post 21

shiftyakacampo

scientists in north America have found ancient bones with what they think is coastal markings on them. the scientists believe they were carried in their canoes.

they are some of the earliest maps found. but yer i agree some were used to show where crops were, hunting grounds and water sources aswell as territories.

How greedy are we?

Post 22

Good_Ridence_BBC

We're are very greedy in a sence of taking all the land and building more and more houses, and big shopping centres/mall's!!

How greedy are we?

Post 23

TerryG*09*

All valid comments...

kea - i mean accurate maps that show coastlines and oceans.

Basicaly i mean a world map(of the known world)

How greedy are we?

Post 24

Paolo77- What the crocodile hat was that? someone needs to snowflake that teapot!

I think TerryG makes an interesting point however neglected to mention one important thing.............

He's my rival.

How greedy are we?

Post 25

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Greed is just a manifestation of the evolutionary fight to survive/succeed. Obviously, the ones who keep struggling to improve their circumstances when they might be thought to have 'enough' are the ones who survive when most of that is taken away by hard times.

How greedy are we?

Post 26

Paolo77- What the crocodile hat was that? someone needs to snowflake that teapot!

They mostly come at night............mostly.

How greedy are we?

Post 27

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

>>
kea - i mean accurate maps that show coastlines and oceans.

Basicaly i mean a world map(of the known world)
<<

Good of you to clarify, although I would add that other forms of maps can be very accurate. Depends on what the map is for.

You probably realise by now that it's hard to make generalised statements on h2g2 without people taking you to task smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post