A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where's that thread...?

Post 401

SusanDoris

A poster (whose name I forgot to copy) on the thread about blaming TwoLegs, has directed me here. I have been trying to find Websailor's long-running daily diary of her garden, birds, badgers etc, but although I have put in a variety of words in the the search facility, I have had no success. Can anyone give me a link, please?

(I have only been an occasional poster on h2g2.)

Where's that thread...?

Post 402

KB

That was me. smiley - ok

I didn't think to suggest it at the time, but perhaps you meant her column in The Post? A8828139

Where's that thread...?

Post 403

You can call me TC

Just to bring Menthol Penguin's question over the page, in case it gets lost. Was your IQ thread on Ask, MP?

Where's that thread...?

Post 404

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

I think so, can't imagine I posted it anywhere else.smiley - biggrin

Where's that thread...?

Post 405

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Anyone got the thread where we all took names reminiscent of Asterix?

Where's that thread...?

Post 406

Otus Nycteus

Could that be this one, Kea? :-) http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F19585?thread=6729175

Where's that thread...?

Post 407

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Excellent smiley - cheers

Where's that thread...?

Post 408

SusanDoris

-"...but perhaps you meant her column in The Post? A8828139"-
Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately no. It was a daily updated diary and there was a long line of little rectangles at the top,* so it had been continuous for quite a time.

*which, after being on h2g2 for a bit, I worked out were pages!

Where's that thread...?

Post 409

SusanDoris

And having now looked at the next topic on my page of topics, I see that someone has very kindly given me the link to Web Sailor's journal. My thanks for help here too.

Where's that thread...?

Post 410

Mu Beta

Bugger me. Look what I've found.

F19585?thread=174711

B

Where's that thread...?

Post 411

coelacanth

And what were you looking for?
smiley - bluefish

Where's that thread...?

Post 412

Obviously a thread started before text boxes has spell checks in them smiley - winkeye

I can't believe it took 2 years to correct the subject line smiley - laugh How things have changed.

Where's that thread...?

Post 413

Mu Beta

"Obviously a thread started before text boxes has spell checks in them"

Presumably, you mean 'had'. smiley - whistle

B

Where's that thread...?

Post 414

I looked forward to the day my text box can check for tense smiley - tongueout

Where's that thread...?

Post 415

Mu Beta

You mean "_you were looking_ forward..." of course.

B

Where's that thread...?

Post 416

No, I was just winding you up.

I'm meant I am looking forward to text boxes checking for tense, and grammar in general smiley - bigeyes

Where's that thread...?

Post 417

Mu Beta

Like unnecessary possessives in the first word of a sentence you're trying to spell, punctuate and express immaculately?

B

Where's that thread...?

Post 418

Yes. And No.

It would be interesting if such a thing existed, whether it would give immaculate results or would settle for a reasonable standard of conversational English.

Where's that thread...?

Post 419

coelacanth

Oi! This is one of the few threads that has stayed on topic! Play nicely or take the argument elsewhere.
smiley - bluefish

Where's that thread...?

Post 420

Mu Beta

Which you've undeniably failed to achieve with that last sentence.

smiley - nahnah

smiley - run

B

Key: Complain about this post

Where's that thread...?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more