A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Does anyone remember this song?

Post 1

Hoovooloo

OK, weird one. There's no way I can get the answer to this by the normal means of googling, as will become obvious.

About ten years ago there was a song doing the rounds, particularly on Chris Evans's show. Not sure if it got into the charts as a result. It was sung in some bizarre sounding language, might have been Turkish. Female vocalist. Lyrics are almost impossible to remember because of course they made no sense at all, but as I recall went something like "dum die decker, die dommy necker" or something.

I realise I'm most likely on a complete loser, but does anyone remember the title or artist of this song?

H.

Post 2

The Groob

Um, it's not the music from hamsterdance is it?

Post 3

Hoovooloo

Don't think so... it was a proper song, I think.

H.

Post 4

Hoovooloo

Anyone?

H.

Post 5

badger party tony party green party

What kind of music was it?

Style/instrumentation.

smiley - rainbow

Post 6

Hoovooloo

Oh crikey... I can't really remember instruments. I seem to recall quite a bit of percussion, it was quite fast paced. It's quite a dim memory, and pretty indescribable. If you'd heard it, you'd remember it, I think. I hope...

H.

Post 7

The Groob

Ever find it?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more