A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Fibs

Post 41

U13020406

ill rememer that ;]

Fibs

Post 42

Yarreau

My husband told the kids about how World War One started... how Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria was shot in Sarajevo, along with his wife and his dog. Immediately, they wanted to know what kind of dog it was... they pestered him about that until he finally exclaimed: "IT WAS AN APRICOT TOY POODLE NAMED SCHATZI!!!"

Everybody in the family still firmly believes that that was absolutely true... smiley - cool

Fibs

Post 43

Malabarista - now with added pony

But you didn't get away with that fib just now smiley - tongueout

Fibs

Post 44

Yarreau

Please don't tell me you eventually stopped believing in Schatzi! smiley - yikes

Fibs

Post 45

Elentari

A friend of mine once told another friend (who, bear in mind, must have been in her late teens at the time) that the Home Office was a cottage in London. To both my dismay and great amusement, she believed him.

Another (extremely unsporty) friend of mine went to uni at Loughborough. When she told me she'd got in, we had the following conversation.

Me: 'Loughborough? That's a really sporty uni. You do know they make all their students run four times around the track every morning?'
Friend: 'Oh God, really?'
Me: 'No, not really.'

Perhaps I should have let her believe it...

Fibs

Post 46

pedro

When I was about seven, my sister told me pubic hair was Brer Rabbit's cousin.smiley - laugh

She denies it now, even though it's the funniest thing she's ever told me. Women!smiley - winkeye

Fibs

Post 47

U13020406

i want to hear moreeeeeee smiley - cool

Fibs

Post 48

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

If polar bears were covering their nose with their left paw, and hunting with their right, wouldn't they continuously be falling headfirst into the snow? (and saying "doh!" in polar bear language)

My mum and grandma were both in on a conspiracy to tell me and my brother (when we were young) that if we sat down in the back seats of the car as best we could, it'd make the car go faster. I still remember my mum exclaiming "well the speedo only says 60 but we're going much faster than that! Isn't it amazing! Keep it up kids!"

My friend's mum used to tell him that chocolate was the devil's poo.

Fibs

Post 49

McKay The Disorganised

The polar bears would descend on their prey from higher ground, so they slide down the glacier, WITH THEIR NOSE COVERED - so they are camogflagued and their prey can't flee.

smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post