A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What films make you cry (if any)?

Post 61

retiringviolet

Oh, and that very last one of "Black Adder" World War 1, where they all go off to die. I've seen it a good few times, and it still makes me sob.

Post 62

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

That new Batman flick, The Dark Knight is starting to get to me.
And I haven't even seen it yet.
smiley - run
~jwf~

Post 63

Moving On

Ladies in Lavender - the bit where Judi Dench slowly curls up on the bed and grieves for the young man she loved

Post 64

Milla, h2g2 Operations

The Bridges of Madison county smiley - blushsmiley - wah

smiley - towel

Post 65

Sho - employed again!

Effers, my brother and I watched The Last Curlew when we were small and sobbed for hours.
smiley - wah

Post 66

Effers;England.

smiley - ok Sho

Oh wow. You are the first person I have ever come across who also saw that curlew film. And its sort of reassuring somehow to know others also had a fairly extreme reaction to it. I'm not sure I would even dare watch it again now. I quite enjoy a good 'weepie' sometimes, but there are limits..smiley - erm

Post 67

Sho - employed again!

Well, I was about 10 when I watched it and I'd forgotten all about it until I saw your post. My bro was about 7 and he was a wreck.

I must remember to ask him (all 6'4" of manly man of him) if he remembers it smiley - evilgrin

And I remembered last evening, because it was on TV, how many copious smiley - cry escaped from my leaking eyes when I watched Neverland smiley - wah

Post 68

Sho - employed again!

As for being put off films... I'd never in a gazillion years watch that curlew film again. It had no happy end at all. I've never let the Gruesomes watch Bambi or Dumbo either - they are horribly horribly tragic for small kids. (puls, the Gruesomes don't need to see their Docs wearing, tattoed mum turn to a weeping heap of jelly watching a film about a cartoon deer/elephant)

Post 69

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

I'm not one to weep at films but plays are another matter entirely smiley - wah

Two in particular which reduced me to a sobbing mess were

"Shadowlands" - the story of C S Lewis's marriage and the subsequent death of his wife. So weepy after that one that one we called it "Wetlands" - beautiful story though.

and

"The Women of Lockerbie" - so moving, so powerful smiley - wah This one I actually saw twice, thinking the second time around it would be easier to take. It wasn't! I blubbered again smiley - laugh

But these plays are amongst my most memorable times in the theatre

Key: Complain about this post