A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Have you ever felt sexually attracted to your sibling(s)

Post 1

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I know it's a bit of an odd question.

I'm an only child but can't help thinking that if my brother hadn't fallen foul to a miscarriage there would probably have been times when I'd have been at least curious and possibly properly interested.

To those of you that have siblings, have you ever felt any sexual attraction to them? I find the idea of a sexual encounter with my parents quite repulsive: if you haven't felt any attraction to your siblings is it the same sort of repulsion, or is it something else? Is it a culturally informed distaste or is it a personal distaste? Or something beyond either?

If you have felt sexual attraction to a sibling how have you felt about it?

I know few people will feel comfortable talking about this but I am genuinely interested.

Post 2

Secretly Not Here Any More

Well, this is the weirdest thread I've seen in a while.

My answer's no, by the way.

Post 3

Deb

Eew!

I think that needs repeating.

Eew!

My answer's also no.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

So for you two 'Eew' peeps, is it the same as the 'eew' you'd feel at the thought of, erm, parent stuff?

Post 5

Secretly Not Here Any More

Yeah. That's very much the same "eeew". Incest's just not cool. I'm sure it's a genetically hard-wired thing, even before you add the social taboos.

Post 6

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

No.
Infact a TV presenter looks like my sister and it gives me the creeps to look at the TV presenter for that reason, infact anyone who looks like my sister.

Post 7

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

I read an article a while back that said that it's fairly common for siblings who are separated at an early age to feel a very strong attraction for each other when they do meet. This isn't it, but it does mention the phenomenon.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2007/mar/09/guardianweekly.guardianweekly1

Although I don't personally find any of my siblings attractive in that way, I don't really understand what's wrong with consensual adult sibling sexual relationships. Other than possible genetic problems in any children, and the 'yuck factor', I can't see what the rational argument would be against them.

Post 8

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I was once asked out by someone who (in my mind) always reminded me of my brother. I could be his friend, but for anything else..??

The answer is a resounding NO.

Post 9

taliesin

Does telling 'em to smiley - bleep off count?

Otherwise, no.

Post 10

Mu Beta

Bloody hell, Roy. How much have you had to drink?

B

Post 11

Researcher 1300304

i'm beginning to think h2g2 needs an online counsellor.

Post 12

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

ello, I'm the local online counsiner smiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffs

I'm very* close friends with my Brother, and think of him as a very close friend.... but not* in that* way at all smiley - erm and the very notion of 'having sexual relations' with my sister... I'd sooner go for margret Thatcher or the sherry Blair witch project evil smilery....
Mind, I remember thinking my cousin was pretty hot stuff when I was younger.... but then she was* pretty hot stuff... but being my cousin... and me being a country boy en-alll, naa... we've nuff problem with webbed feet as it is in our Suffolk brethrin smiley - handcuffs

Post 13

Xanatic

This is certainly a weird thread. Roy, you mention yourself the disgust the idea of getting it on with your parents gives you, doesn´t it seem logical that people would have the same disgust with their siblings?

Post 14

Malabarista - now with added pony

First reaction: not so much disgust as the fact that it would never even occur to me. But now that I think about it - no way! We've always been a rather "touchy" family, but certainly not in *that* way.smiley - yikes

I have only sisters - and though I am occasionally attracted to women, they are never my sisters' type. That's not to say my sisters aren't good-looking - but, well, not sexually attractive to me at all. The very idea confuses me smiley - winkeye

And this is a very odd thread. smiley - erm

Post 15

*coral~loves~music<3

Yuck, No.

That is horrible! smiley - ill

Post 16

badger party tony party green party

Yes.

I met a girl about 5'10" gorgeuos ul;l lips and beautiul brown skin with all the right lady bumps in all the right places.

I thought to myself I must get to know here better.

A few weeks later she's at a party smiley - cool

Yeah, Chan turned out to be my half sister, she doesnt look much like the rest of my (half) sisters and I was left feeling smiley - yikes as you would imagine.

I know many men who as boys conessed to sneaking a peak at their sister's, aunts or other close relatives smiley - titsmiley - tit but never anyone who admitted to a craty look at the their mothers.

I Know one gu who regularly used to play "games" with his sister which would culminate in him getting *excited" and also claimed to have done the nasty with a goat. Country folk, eh!

No I dont mena to be too dispariging of the bumpkins as I know lost o people who have indulged in incest to the ullest extent and to be honest if the horrible truth hadnt come out at some point you or I wouldnt be able to tell them from Adam (sorry bad example).

I dont think incestis unnatural it is just very much taboo and conditined against socially that it happens so much must mean that horrible as we all here seem to think it is it is not "hardwired" against.

Some studies Ive heard about say that people actually are more attracted to people who display physical traits similar to their families Humans are complicated and identifying one drive within humans does not mean that their arent other drinves interacting with that drive and pulling in odd vectors within different people or even in the same person at different times in their life.

smiley - rainbow

Post 17

Kyra

Ew. And EW!

Post 18

Xanatic

Well even if we have instincts against it, in some people things will go wrong so they don´t have it. Of course you would also need to somehow recognise them as your siblings, which I´m not sure how is done.

Post 19

I confess a fair bit of drink had been consumed prior to the OP, but it is something I've been curious about.

I've thought that the 'ewww' factor with parents could be partly down to the age thing, and partly conditioning, but how can one tell where the 'ewww' actually comes from?

Sorry if this thread put anyone off their dinner.

Post 20

Mu Beta

It seemed to have been poor enough to make hootoo shut down involuntarily for most of Saturday. smiley - weird

B

Key: Complain about this post