A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's your favourite Bible verse?

Post 341

Geggs

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:15

Not sure if I'd say it my absolute favourite, but it is a good verse, keeps turning up at the moment.

Geggs

What's your favourite Bible verse?

Post 342

anhaga

'. . . the Christian who lives in Christ must refuse every image of the preincarnate God except insofar as such images are transfigured by the self-sacrifice or self-negation of God himself.'

The Gospel of Christian Atheism, p. 92.

What's your favourite verse of scripture?

Post 343

anhaga

Blyssid be the tyme
that appil take was!
Therfore we mown syngyn
Deo gracias!

'Adam lay ybounden'

And, a translation (from English to Englishsmiley - rolleyes) for the mods:

Blessed be the time that apple was taken! For it we must sing thanks to God!

Post 344

Effers;England.

I love that.

Post 345

anhaga

You should have a look at the whole thing, Effers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_lay_ybounden#Text

The kid has been watching this version over and over for a few days now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUNs3vcPNk&feature=related

We spend a lot of time listening to the Mediaeval Baebes. Nothing like pop music in Latin and Medieval European Languages.smiley - biggrin

Post 346

anhaga

I forgot to add in that last post:

For most of Christian history it's been felt that it was a very, very good thing that Adam and Eve took that initial bite, that the post-Lapsarian world and future is a vast improvement for a whole lot of reasons over that original conception of eternal paradise in a wee garden, and not only because we got bacon after the Fall.smiley - smiley

Post 347

Taff Agent of kaos

""and not only because we got bacon after the Fall.""

francis or butty????

smiley - bat

Post 348

anhaga

Well, both, obviously.smiley - smiley

and back and streaky and peameal (my favourite> and apple wood smoked and maple and . . .

Post 349

Taff Agent of kaos

crispy!!

smiley - bat

Post 350

anhaga

crispy indeed!

I prepared a lovely spaghetti carbonara this evening (with a half-bottle of home-made Trebiannosmiley - drool). Without the Fall -- completely impossible! We'd still be sitting asking the T.Rexes to crack us another coconut.smiley - sadface

Post 351

Taff Agent of kaos

thought thats what the horn on a unicorn was for??? opening coconuts!!!

smiley - bat

Post 352

anhaga

It depends on which part of the Garden you're in. Here in the North American part we'd need the T. Rexes. I expect in South America they'd rely on the Megatheriums.smiley - erm

Post 353

Taff Agent of kaos

""Here in the North American part ""

just look!!!! we are all in "go-down-under-land" together and i'll have none of that sepratist talk!!!!

next you'll want to be building a tower and start talking in tongues

smiley - bat

Post 354

Taff Agent of kaos

and it came about that adam and eve did befoul the garden with their soil, for they felt no shame.

genesis 2:26

smiley - bat

Post 355

Taff Agent of kaos

and raising the woman to her feet jesus said "let him who is without sin cast the first stone" and lo! was a rock pitched from the crowd and struck jesus upon the headsmiley - injuredturning to the crowd jesus said to the thrower "sometimes you atheists can be right bas*tards! dont you understand it was supposed to be a metaphore, dont you lot understand metaphore??"

smiley - bat

Key: Complain about this post