A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Champaigne to span all thrllilliness from r2d2

Post 101

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

To be silly or not to be silly, that is the mushroom;
Whether 'tis badger in the mind to wander
The threads and forums of outrageous insanity,
Or to go completely outsane and save yourself a headache?

smiley - silly

Post 102

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Mushroom! Bush Goon! Tush Comb!
smiley - peacedove

Post 103

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

This is not acceptable. The results of this experiment should have clearly shown an increase of 1.2 miligram per liter in the amount of alleged attempts to spin on an office chair going 'Wheeeeeeee!' while trying to ballance a cup of coffee in one hand and a PDA in the other. The fact that the paper has been used as birdfeed not only shows complete disregard of reason, rhyme and metre but is also evident of very poor-quality birds that have no place in a modern-day office environment designed to create dizzy individuals. If you are looking for loons, go to a lake, find yourself a comfortable spot on the bank and eat a sandwich, don't come to me with a broken pencil and a piece of used dental floss expecting forgiveness.

Post 104

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I know I asked for a talking slug, but that's not talking slug, it's a 2 foot long rapping space maggot! I demand a refund or I'll call the man in the TARDIS!

smiley - peacedove

Post 105

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Ah ha perfect at last bait where's my intergalactic roach pole. Come heeer little magot come to Albert there's a nice magoty wagoty Pounce Got it smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote into the tin into the creal and off we go to t'canal smiley - run..............smiley - peacedove

Champaigne to spam all thrllilliness from r2d2

Post 106

Baron Grim

I'll get that darn bird...

smiley - run-------smiley - flansmiley - peacedove

Post 107

Missed....Gone fishin, put a note upon the door,,,gone fishin.........smiley - peacedove

Post 108

Regulation Advanced Nonsense Test
-----------------------------------------------------

The Advanced Nonsense Test™® is an exam based on purely random parameters, designated to estimate the 'Outsane Intelligence' of a regular or irregular outsane community.

Please read carefully, think before you answer, and don't forget to breathe.

Please submit answers in writing, preferably in blue ink on a crumpled napkin lost at least once or in crayon on the reverse side of a tablecloth. Anyone suspected of plagiarism will be severely glared at.

Section I: Creative Maths

1. Find all possible pendulums of a metaphorical clock, assuming time does not exist except in the reader's imagination. Under what conditions will there be more/less/no pendulums? Explain.

2. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood. Assuming that:

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spaceI - Time = Autumn
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spaceII - Road A does not equal Road B
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spaceIII - Horses are colourblind
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spaceIV - The grass is always greener in somebody else's yard

a. Assess which road is more likely to be travelled by, and where it should lead. Explain.
b. Find all possible points on said road where it might be a good idea to sit down and write a poem. Are these points different/better than parallel points on the other road? If so, why?
c. How are you? Explain.

Section II: Stuff

1. Analise the poem 'Jabberwocky' by Lewis Carroll in perspective of the latest zoological discoveries described by Ignatius Maverick Declan Mann in his essay 'Mammals and Mammal-like Beings in Dream-state English Gardens: The Coexistance of Toves and Badgers'.

2. If you were to be followed by mind-reading aliens that insist on calling you 'buddy' and giggling at the most inappropriate moments,

a. What measures should you take to prevent mind-reading, and why?
b. What counter-measures can the aliens be expected to take, and how can they be prevented?
c. Imagine you were one of the aliens; what could possibly be your motive? What would be your motif? Is there a difference? If so, why - and if not, should there be? Please answer in the form of an essay.

Good luck and Bobspeed!

©2004 Pennywhistle Memorial Institute for Outsanity Examinations and Stuff

Post 109

Baron Grim

I
1. Yellow, because snakes have no armpits.
smiley - spacesmiley - spacea. Road 0, aka the road leading to the bifurcation will be the most travelled.
smiley - spacesmiley - spaceb. I had a point but it's strategically covered by my hat.
smiley - spacesmiley - spacec. I'm frhlhily. wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
3. STOP TOUCHING ME!

II
A. Love is an illusion, created by lawyer types like yourself to create another illusion: marriage, which creates the reality of divorce and the illusionary need for divorce lawyers.
b)
smiley - spacesmiley - spacei. NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA!!!!
smiley - spacesmiley - spaceii. THWACK smiley - boing
smiley - spacesmiley - space3. Yo tango un lapis, mi lapis es amarillo. ¿Donde esta mi lapis amarillo. [I have a pencil, my pencil is yellow. Where is my yellow pencil?] - Buddy Hackett

Post 110

Shagrath (Join the Metal Appreciators' Society @ A2556489)

I1. Under no conditions will there ever be any number of pendulums less than, equal to, or greater than 0, due to the natural tendencies of metaphorical pendulums to exist whenever they feel like it.

I2. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood. Assuming that:

I - Time = Autumn
II - Road A does not equal Road B
III - Horses are colourblind
IV - The grass is always greener in somebody else's yard

a. Road C alone will be traveled, and never roads A, B, or R. This is because C is the first letter in the word "carrot". Since horses like carrots, they will select road C.
b. At points R1, S4, (56,4), and {(x,y)|y=3x+6} it would be good to sit and write a poem only if the pants worn are compatible with Road C. These points correspond exactly with similarly-named points on Road F3, but not Road #@. This is due to gravitational friction caused by the horses eating carrots.
c. I am. This is explained in section II3a.

II1. I have determined the answer to be 16.

II2a. Cut your head off. They will no longer be capable of reading your mind.
II2b. They may try to put your head back on, but there's nothing you can do to prevent this bar hiring someone to stop them.
II2c. Perhaps for some sort of sexual satisfaction. My motif would be a distinctive, usually recurrent, molecular sequence. They are entirely similar if you speak some foreign dialect and/or cannot spell.

Post 111

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

*sets fire to table cloth, and ticks the box marked "Gnocchi"*

I tell you, exams to day are much easier than they used to be ...

Champagne to ram all frilliness from C-3PO

Post 112

Learn to speak Spanish correctly, fool! It's "Yo tengo un lapiz; mi lapiz es amarillo. ¿Dónde está mi lapiz amarillo?" DUH!

*opens the door marked "Illegal Mexican Immigrants", whereupon hundreds of little men in sombreros come pouring out and unleash a torrent of Spanish grammar*

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA smiley - puff HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA smiley - puff HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Post 113

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

§hagrath, can I call some one?

Post 114

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Due to a temporal indifference of armadillo's there is insufficient precautionary measures, prevailing the preventing wind of eronious titles, that is, itself, temporally indifferent to the temporal indefierances, which are of cousre irationally dilimeted to the cosine of the armadello's

Post 115

oh yes I'm definitely fine ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha...smiley - puff wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post 116

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

The badgers will be furious

Post 117

Albert can't do silly today smiley - sadface Normal service will be resumed soon smiley - peacedove

Post 118

Baron Grim

Ci ne estas tia virino! smiley - tongueout

[Esperanto: She is not that kind of girl.]

Post 119

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

*knits smiley - burgersmiley - burger *

Post 120

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

give the smiley - burgers legs

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more