Pink Paisley

Vinyl.

Hmmmm. Ok, but, well, just ok really.

PP.

What Films have you seen recently?

Post 6822

HonestIago

Slightly off-topic.

Me and a friend are having a conversation about Addam's Family Values and it's rightful place as one of the best films of all time. He said there hadn't been a live-action family film for years and I realised the most recent ones I can remember are Stardust and Enchanted which are over 5 years old.

Can anyone think of any more recent ones? Because we really can't.

Post 6823

Beatrice

Lincoln. Blimey that was good! DDL is just astounding.

Post 6824

HonestIago

Is it family friendly in the same way as Stardust or Addams Family? That's what we're trying to think of.

Post 6825

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Potter films?

FB

Post 6826

What about The Muppets?

Though I do agree, genuinely "all family" live action films are scarcer these days. I once started a thread about this....

FB

Post 6827

F19585?thread=7823794&post=110738718#p110738718

FB

Post 6828

Beatrice

Just for clarification, I wasn't recommending Lincoln as a childrens movie, it was just the answer to "what films have you seen...".

Post 6829

sprout

Argo. really excellent, tense stuff.

sprout

Post 6830

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I've decided to have a Scottish film and TV season so I'm waiting for Lovefilm to send me some goodies (lots of stuff still isn't available for streaming, which is fail in my book).

I can't believe I've only just discovered this but when looking at The Crow Road on IMDB, I found out that Complicity was made into a film as well! How did this pass me by? smiley - doh I hear it's rubbish which is probably why I missed out, but I love Iain Banks and need to see it for completion purposes.

Post 6831

You can call me TC

Ooooh - Please give us an idea of more Scottish films. My first thought was "Train Spotting", but that was directed by an Englishman, wasn't it? I have heard that there is a much-acclaimed documentary about Donald Trump invading the West of Scotland to build that golf course, which was definitely Scottish.

So - what are your choices? And how do you define a Scottish film?

And when you've done - can we have some more nationality-based film top tens? Ireland? Sweden? France? Canada?

And while I'm at it - what exactly does it MEAN when a film is marked (e.g.) 2006 USA/CH/PL ? Are those the countries that provided the money? Or is that the sum of the nationalities of all involved? Or the nationalities of the director/producer(s)/top 5 names on the cast? The countries it was filmed in? What ARE the criteria?

Post 6832

Sho - employed again!

Local Hero?

Post 6833

Pastey

Local Hero is a brilliant film!

Post 6834

Sheep in wolfs clothing

And you've got to love the theme tune, mainly because it is played at St James Park when NUFC run out on to the pitch.

Post 6835

Sho - employed again!

and of course, there's Whisky Galore (not really a Scottish film as such) and Gregory's Girl.

Post 6836

As we don't have that many truly homegrown films, I'm also going for films either set in Scotland or with a Scottish cast to keep my options open, so Trainspotting and Whisky Galore are fine smiley - biggrin Oh that reminds me, I must watch Shallow Grave again...

I've got Local Hero, (a great film where the soundtrack sadly did better than the film itself), Complicity and No Holds Bard on order from Lovefilm. Tonight I'm going to watch The Angel's Share, which I'm really looking forward to. Red Road, was better than expected and definitely worth a watch.

I'll watch Gregory's Girl at some point over the weekend - the other half doesn't like films, but he's still got a massive crush on Clare Grogan so it'll be nice to have company for once smiley - tongueout I could really use a cinema buddy as I love going to the pictures but Him Indoors doesn't...

Post 6837

Trainspotting?

FB

Post 6838

swl

Och noo, he can huv -

Restless Natives (with great music by Big Country)
My Name is Joe
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
That Sinking Feeling

And

Braveheart

smiley - winkeye

Post 6839

Oh yes, I forgot about Restless Natives! Braveheart can git tae Falkirk though.

Post 6840

swl

Just watched Lincoln.

One wee question - what was the significance of the gloves being left behind when he went to the theatre?

Key: Complain about this post