A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What Films have you seen recently?

Post 481

Granbull-God of the Winds, its People and Drinks!

a waste of time...

Post 482

HonestIago

Saw Spiderman 2 over the weekend and I was very impressed. I didn't think much of the first one, thought it was rather dull and the special effects were pretty poor and while I was working at the cinema I had seen bits of this one and thought I'd give it a miss.
The reason for this is the bits I saw seemed really melodramatic and it just annoyed me. Having seen the entire film and seeing the way mood is built up, I can see the melodrama is entirely appropriate. There were still corny bits but it didn't take away from a well acted, very well scripted film with superb special effects. Best comic book film since X-Men 2 in my opinion
smiley - popcorn Iago

Post 483

mazie (returning soon...)

went to the cinema last night smiley - popcorn - saw that new film everyone seems to be talking about smiley - huh - the hitchikers thingy to the something-or-other

smiley - winkeye

Post 484

im seeing on saturday!
yay

Post 485

Schtang

Saw Hitchhikers Guide this morning - loved it! smiley - ok

Not side-splittingly funny like the books can be (and like many reviews seem to be complaining!) but nevertheless a great movie. Not going to say more, don't want to spoil the good bits for anyone!

I hope it does well enough that they'll film The Restaurant next... and soon! smiley - biggrin

Post 486

saw hitchhikers guide on sunday
very funny
Schtang is right though, bring us resturant!smiley - cheers

Post 487

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I saw the very first viewing of Hitchhiker's last Friday.smiley - nahnah

Loved it - didn't think Bill Nighy did the Slartibartfast character justice though - John Cleese would have been much better.

"Welcome to the shop floor" was wonderful and not quite long enough...I'd have had the same reaction as Arthursmiley - wow

smiley - planet

Saw "The Interpreter" the previous Tuesday and "Sahara" the week before that.

Post 488

Has anyone else seen the advert for a time-travel movie - trophy hunters going back to the Cretaceous and trying to bag themselves a T-Rex.

I know I have seen this before - a Twilight Zone episode perhaps? In that they all came back to find Nazis in control and they were shot.

It was originally a short story by Ray Bradbury but I can't recall the namesmiley - grr

Post 489

jurassic park?

Post 490

No, the trailer was before "The Interpreter" last week.

I've seen all the Jurassic Park movies, it had the same T-Rex in the trailer though, I'd swear.

Scared the bejesus out of me!smiley - yikes

J.Park wasn't a time-travel movie. They just genetically engineered the dinosaurs from 65-million-year old DNA & mixed it with a frogs.

smiley - silly

Post 491

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

Alien V Predator it is lame

Post 492

kaiser_Wil_dritten

I though the third matrix was a waste, it was no good at allsmiley - sadface, but the first two were alright, still a good watch!smiley - biggrin

Post 493

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

i have the 3rd Mmatrix on DVD but not watched it yet

Post 494

I've seen "The Wedding Date" today - loved it, but then I'm a soppy old romantic so you lot probably won't like itsmiley - tongueout

It's "Pretty Woman" with the sexes switched.

Damn good soundtrack as well, think I'll treat myself to the DVD when it's cheaper.

Post 495

frogs
why in the name of wind did you think about frogs?

Post 496

HonestIago

I thought the Matrix Revolutions was far better than Reloaded and well worth a watch, just don't be expecting greatness from it

Post 497

Beatrice

Just seen "In Good Company"

Meh, it was alright. I don't really get the hype about Scarlett Johansson - her lips are too big and she's got this husky thick voice, and she's always looking to the ground....

But it fitted with my brain waves at the mo as I'm reading Jennifer Government, and there was a bit of the same anti-global corporation, money more important than human needs kinda thang going on.

Post 498

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

GB - the Bradbury story (one of his many, many masterful short stories) is 'The Sound of Distant Thunder'. Sounds like a very loose 'adaptation though.smiley - erm

On the various planes saw 'Elektra' (dreck), Miss Congeniality (slightly better), and '...Series of Unfortunate Events' (Trying too hard to be Tim Burton, didn't need Jim Carrey).

Whilst in the states saw trailers for Stephen 'Shaolin Soccer' Chow's new movie, 'Kung Fu Hustle'. Looks hilarious. Also Jet Li and Bob Hoskins in something called 'Unleashed'. Looks...interesting.

smiley - shark

Post 499

HonestIago

Watched About A Boy last night and really enjoyed it, never thought I'd say that about a Hugh Grant film

Post 500

Moving rivers gather no bicycles

'Le Chateau Ambulant' - or 'Howls Moving Castle' - produced by Hayao Miyazaku. Lovely Japanese animation of this children's story. 1h59mins

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more