A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Golden Syrup

Post 1

PanicButton

Is it just me, or does the front of the Lyle's Golden Syrup can have a dead lion covered in flies on it?smiley - erm

Golden Syrup

Post 2

Madbeachcomber, I've done my spring cleaning, does that make me sad?

No panic, it's a dead lion with a bees nest in it 'from the strong came forth sweetness' or something there abouts. I think it's a bible story but I can't bring it to mind at the mo.smiley - biggrin. I like it on pancakessmiley - tongueout Golden syrup that is, not dead lion....

Golden Syrup

Post 3

PanicButton

So it is. From that bit about Samson killing a lion. It's an allegory about the victory of the power of the lord over satan bringing bliss to our lives or something along those lines. But they still look like flies. Or currants. And you're right, it is good on pancakes. And on sandwiches with yoghurt, although I seem to be in a small minority on that one. smiley - ok

Golden Syrup

Post 4

Odo

"sandwiches with yoghurt" smiley - erm intersting!

Treacle tart. smiley - drool And it's very nice boiled up with melted butter and poured over smiley - popcorn.

Golden Syrup

Post 5

egon

I once got my coffee table stuck to the lounge carpet with golden syrup.

Golden Syrup

Post 6

Odo

smiley - yikessmiley - rofl

smiley - erm Dare I ask?? Was it an especially messy pankcake day? Or is it a family ritual of some kind? smiley - laugh

Golden Syrup

Post 7

egon

Well I was, perfectly naturally, lying on the floor dipping ryvita into a tin of golden syrup while playing on the computer and watching TV.

I then kicked the golden syrup over, and it glopped over the floor and I (i thought) cleaned it all up.

But then, about amonth later, I went through one of my sporadic "cleaning" phrases where I actually throw rubbish out and occassionally rearrange my furniture.

Well, moving the table proved a trifle difficult, as the golden syrup had spilt around the legs, sticking one end of the thing to the crapet.

Golden Syrup

Post 8

Noggin the Nog

*crapet* An excellent choice of typo, considering the circumstances. smiley - ok

Noggin

Golden Syrup

Post 9

egon

smiley - rofl

Yes, I suppose it is apt.

Golden Syrup

Post 10

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

smiley - drool I do like making tracle tart. Use a deep and wide pie tin,shortcrust pastry, a couple of tins of golden syrup, a whole heap of breadcrumbs and a splash of lemon juice. Heaven.

David

Key: Complain about this post