A Conversation for Ask h2g2

WHY OH WHY DID THEY CREATE MORE BLOODY STAR WARS MOVIES

Post 1

mograt

Why? Iknow it was supposed to be a trilogy and the first one was actually the fourth one but come on!, these movies are as pointless as something pointy in appearence.

And Yoda looks older in the first one than he does in the fourth one if you know what i mean. (see its stupid, just stupid!)

Post 2

Siguy

I am not gonna argue with you about the yoda thing cuz thats like saying why does the coyote keep surviving the cliff falls. Anyway I don't have a problem with them making more star wars movies, but only if they are good. And episode 1 was not good. Anakin was like a leave it to beaver character and the plot was so predictable it hurt. Sure I love seeing special effects and the light saber battles were cool, but if it weren't for the original trilogy movies episode 1 would have bombed.
It was just riding the wave of dorks trying to remember how crushed they were when they found out darth was luke's father.
Personally Lucas should produce and leave directing to someone else, and maybe script writing also. All those blaster scenes looked silly and the people were too cramped together while fighting. It looked akward and didn't make sense.
So in reply: It is stupid, just stupid!

Post 3

Arakeen

23.some million dollars in the first two weeks. Any questions?

Post 4

Kumabear

Visit the Jar-Jar binks torture engine, it's mildly amusing. http//www.hecklers.com

Post 5

Arakeen

I don't mean to be heckling, but I will tell you what I find mildly amusing. 23.some million dollars in the first two weeks for something so (stupid, just stupid). It just goes to show that the majority of people don't care what Yoda looks like, or how predictable the movie is.

Post 6

Kumabear

It is a soulless lump o' crap. I saw it twice just to make sure it was as horrible as I first thought. It was worse.

Post 7

Researcher XXXXXX

yeah they should stop knocking out boring sequels and make something new and more realistic

Post 8

intelligent moose (the one true H2G2 Moose)

Wow, now that's a heck of a thread revival.

Post 9

Researcher XXXXXX

well someone claimed there were over 15000 topics on the main ask pages but i have only seen a few hundred so i thought why not drag some back from dead !

Post 10

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

Don't know, don't care! Never watched any of 'em and don't plan to start.
I don't consider my life to be poorer for missing them.

Post 11

Xanatic

It gets worse. Apparently Lucas now wants a TV-series.

Post 12

pixel

Two TV series ~ one 3D animation and a set of mini series about the minor charactors ~ at least he said he'd probably hand over writing duties after it got started.

Key: Complain about this post