A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The Boris Johnson fan club

Post 121

h2g2Support

As Mr Johnson has been declared the Conservative Party candidate for Henley, it's not appropriate to continue this discussion until the day after the Election. Believe it or not, some might claim that it displays bias, either in supporting or ridiculing him, and it's not really a debate we'd like to get into right now smiley - smiley

We'd prefer to simply ask that the discussion is put on hold temporarily than have to fail posts that would normally pass without any problems at all. Normal service can be resumed as soon as the polls close on May 5.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Post 122

Simetra

OK, as the whole election campaign seems to hinge supporting or not supporting The Blond Boy Wonder, I will not make any further comments about.....oh what's his name again, began with a B, so in the meantime this could be the Boris Yeltsin or The Johnson The Cleaners Fan Club, this whole thing is CRAZY.

The Golden wonder fan club

Post 123

F F Churchton

Oh well since we can't talk about BJ for a few weeks, does anyone here like crisps???

Post 124

Simetra

very clever, what flavour Golden Wonder do you like?

Post 125

Simetra

Is that Zaphod Borisblox on page 9 of the Guardian this morningsmiley - laugh

Post 126

armadilloman

Boris is fabulous - the best thing is that he doesn't even realise it.
If he ran the Tory party, Mr Blair would have a lot more to worry about. If he ran the country, we'd all have a lot more to worry about!

Post 127

gadarene

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2004/11/14/nboris14.jpg

Post 128

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/default.stm

If you have a fast enough connection I suggest that you watch last nights episode of Newsnight. From around 19 minutes in, they do a segment on Boris Johnson and David Blunkett. You should see Boris's dad, he's like a carbon copy of Boris!

Post 129

Simetra

becareful, TPTB will be after us if we carry on with this posting and yes the resemblance is remarkable

Post 130

Hey, I'm only pointing out something from Newsnight. smiley - angel

Post 131

Simetra

that's OK then, I wonder how long we can get away with it before TPTB noticesmiley - ok

Post 132

They also have just that Boris/Blunket clip on the BBC election site, so that makes it even more legit. smiley - winkeye

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/default.stm

Post 133

Simetra

"Livingstone I presume" - "Yes, thats right, you must be Stanley" - "No, thats my Dad"

Disclaimer, this post was brought to as a joke(even though it's a rubbish one) and has not intentional political associationssmiley - laugh

Post 134

Whisky

Psst!!

F2045034?thread=627420

Less likely to get you into trouble smiley - winkeye

Post 135

The H2G2 Editors

Hello all,

As we've mentioned before, all discussions of this type might be seen as us showing bias and, as Mr. Johnson is the Conservative Party candidate for Henley, we'd be very grateful if you could put this discussion on hold until the polls close on 5th May. The discussions have gone really well so far without us concentrating on individual candidates and we don't want to have to start failing postings.

Thanks very much,

h2g2 Editors

Post 136

Simetra

smiley - smileysmiley - ermsmiley - sadface

The Doris Johnson fan club

Post 137

Simetra

OK, until May the 6th, this is now the Doris Johnson Fan Club, all of you fans out there may know her by for best work "The Complete Book of Straw Craft and Corn Dollies" this seems apt considering all the Corn thats flying about at the moment.

Also Doris has not put herself forward as a candidate in the current election so we are free to discuss her life and work

Post 138

F F Churchton

Did'nt she design the Somerset straw hat???

Post 139

Simetra

i am sure that Doris has designs on the heads of the nation

Post 140

Simetra

NORMAL SERVICE IS RESUMED

Key: Complain about this post