A Conversation for Ask h2g2

how to STOP Americans.........

Post 1

Researcher 92765 1/2

Is there any way (I suspect not) of stopping online Americans from swamping H2G2 with their meaningless
and generally uncultured drivel. H2G2 should I suspect be universal - but there are limits!. I can't see Noah
actually inviting the cockroaches into his boat !!
It's not that I am anti american ( you should be aware that I am an habitual liar) but sometimes I wish the USSR
(thats Russia for you yankies) had nuked them back in fifties purely to avoid Macdonalds , and their weirdo
games - Baseball (Roundersl), American Football (Rugby for scaredy cats), and basket ball(netball) With
the exception of Rugby these sports are played over here mainly by pre- and just post pubescent girls!
I could rant for hours but I want to give people the opportunity to hurl abuse at mesmiley - smiley

Please stop the spread of Americans by indulging in safe sex ( dont breed with one)

Post 2

Researcher 92765 1/2

Well ....I agree totally ! they are my thoughts entirely

Post 3

Amazing Joe

On behalf of all Americans, living in the states and abroad, all Britons living in America, any Canadians and Latinos who might get pissed off when you group them in by using the term "Americans" and everyone else with any respect for the human validity of other individuals no matter where they are from or where they reside...

piss off..

both of you.

Post 4

Amazing Joe

And yes... I am amazing.

Post 5

Stuffe

He's right about the sports though, esp American Football, i.e. lot's of men in tights and shoulder pads, making an hour long game last 13 days by stopping after every move, and having drinks and nibbles while some red-faced man in a bomber jacket plans tactics like it's the Normandy landings - we *know* that they just dive onto and fondle the guy nearest until they're all on the floor.

Post 6

Amazing Joe

Wel... I really can't argue aboutthe football thing... but this from a people who play a sport named after an insect? Stop the insanity!

Post 7

Stuffe

I have to wonder about the sanity of any researcher who replies to his own messages in order to get a thread going though....(eh, Researcher 92765 1/2 ??)

Post 8

Stuffe

Mind you, the yank didn't spot it smiley - winkeye

Post 9

Amazing Joe

I think we should call Douglas Adams and tell on the big doofus.

Post 10

Stuffe

Although his bad grammar suggest he might have - "a people", a sort of cross between a person and some people perhaps?

(ducks - It's just a joke!!)

Post 11

Stuffe

Yeah, I agree....(but *who* do I mean smiley - winkeye.....)

Post 12

Stuffe

Hmmm, I think I'll have to side with Joe on this one actually, as our researchers home page reveals more than just a hint of xenophobia ("Location - Colchester, England (NOT UK - the Scots Welsh and Irish can have their bits!)") - I wonder what he's afraid of? That said, he does live in colchester, home of squaddieland, so he probably daren't leave his house, never mind visit other countries...

Post 13

Potholer

I couldn't honestly say I'd noticed an excessive US presence on the site myself. There seem to be so many different groupings of people, (many of which are definitely UK-driven) that I would have thought if one bit of h2g2 isn't to someone's liking, there should be a different part that is.

Bottom line :

Most people from most countries are pretty decent, but I don't think *any* country is in danger of running out of idiots any time soon.
If you *do* happen upon an idiot in another country (as our original poster seems to have done a few months ago), don't blame their idiocy on the land they were born in. Remember, we're all just glorified chimpanzees, it's just some people show it more than the rest of us

Post 14

Researcher 92765 1/2

WOW - I stand humbled (although I note the only person to see no humour in this is a North American)
I am indeed sad, and no Johnny foreigner joined the club I tried to start....Xenophobes International

Post 15

Wand'rin star

One of my American colleagues has just returned from hols in OZ, complaining about the loudness and crassness of the Yank tourists. She had to pretend to be non-English speaking twice. Apparently her fellow-travellers did nothing but complain. She herself seemingly does not realise that one can hear her at fifty paces, that she knows very little of what happened before she was born and that every third comment is a complaint,especially if we're talking about Hong Kong which is where we both work. It makes it very difficult to retain the bounding optimism - maybe I could take out a temporary memebership for days like today when I've had enough

how to STOP xenophobia.........

Post 16

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

It's time for the subtle game to end, and allow the US to do officially what it has done unofficially through the United Nations...control the world! We'll herd the masses from the other nations together, and force them to watch old Disney films and eat corn dogs until they're properly indoctrinated. Those who are beyond saving can be exiled to the Australian outback, where they will be tortured by different music artists in concentric circles, sort of like Dante's vision of hell. Bon Jovi would occupy the outer ring, moving to Celine Dion, Brittney Spears, and culminating with John Tesh and David Hasselhoff sharing the center ring. Germans have the poor taste to enjoy their music, so they will be barred from the center circle, which will mainly be occupied by the French.

Post 17

Ploppy

Americans already control the world, except for the people they can't beat up, like the Russians and Chinese. Personally, I like burgers, Star Trek, Bill Hicks and going to the Cinema, so I guess I'm probably in overall favour of the US. However, these colonials should remember their roots and have some respect for the old country

Post 18

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was led to believe that it was disrespect for the old country that got the whole thing started. And besides, you could ask 50 Americans where their "old country" is, and get 50 different answers. This is partly because of the lack of geography lessons, but also because of the cultural makeup. Although I look somewhat like a WASP, I am neither Anglo-Saxon, nor Protestant. Good luck telling a French-German-Irish-Native American to have respect for England, since all of those groups were at odds with England at one time or another. Come to think of it, they were all at odds with each other at times, too, which makes the whole mix seem rather improbable. Most Americans respect their personal roots, but, as a people, we have no roots, because in having every nationality, we have none.

Don't worry too much about the Russians and Chinese. Since the collapse of the USSR, the Russians have been consuming corn dogs by the truckload, and a recent treaty has opened the doors of Red China to Disney films. Now if we could only get them to take Ricky Martin off our hands for a few weeks...perhaps they could arrange for an "accident."

Post 19

Antithesis

Look, if you're still upset over the whole revolution thing, we're sorry! It was a LONG time ago!

Post 20

Vakuum

Hm...
I have to say I agree very much with you: I could manange perfectly well without McDonalds, Ricki Lake, Rugby and American football.
Then again, the English football doesn't make sence to me either.

Key: Complain about this post