A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Resolutions: Have You Made One?

Post 1

J'au-æmne

Just out of interest, have any researchers made any New Year resolutions?
Mine is to think before I speak.
I figure if I post it I shan't forget it.
Whats yours? smiley - smiley
Joanna smiley - fish

Post 2

Cheerful Dragon

I've made resolutions, but as they were made a week or so ago they don't qualify as 'New Year Resolutions'. Here they are anyway.

1. To get at least half-an-hour's exercise of some kind every day. This will help me to lose the excess pounds I decided to lose back in September.
2. To sort out and get rid of all the clothes I can no longer wear because of the weight I've put on over the last few years.
3. To sort out the junk that has gravitated to our back bedroom. They say that a good household has a place for everything. In our case it's the back bedroom - it shouldn't be.
4. To do something about the jungle our back garden has become.

Post 3

J'au-æmne

I'm sure that all resolutions made 1 week before or after January 1st count as new year's, unless you would have made them if it hadn't been new year.
Have you kept them so far? smiley - fish

Post 4

Gwennie

I've resolved to break as many resolutions as possible as soon as possible. Especially the one about more regular sex with my hubby which was extracted from me under duress in exchange for my purchasing a gym membership!!! (I'm going to be too worn out from all the exercise down t'gym - heh, heh!)

Post 5

Cheerful Dragon

The resolution on exercise had already been made. I'd even placed an order for a bicycle - expected in February (it's an American bike and has only just gone into production). Once it arrives I'll be able to cycle to work. All the other resolutions had been / would have been made too. I need to clear out some clothes to get more wardrobe space for the things I DO wear, and I've been planning to do something about the back garden for months. As for the back bedroom, we've got some friends we want to invite to stay for a week-end, but at the moment we can't open the sofa-bed so the back bedroom has to be tidied.

PS

Post 6

Cheerful Dragon

One thing I forgot to mention. Resolutions don't come into force until the first working day after January 1st, 'cos I'm too busy partying or recuperating from partying. So all the exercising, sorting, tidying and gardening starts on Tuesday. So you could say I've kept my resolutions so far!smiley - winkeye

PS

Post 7

Fate Amenable To Change

to not spend so m,uch time online is mine.. not doing very well so far.. but as I am nursing a hangover I shall say that resolutions need not begin till tomorrow smiley - smiley

PS

Post 8

Anonymouse

I have made, in my entire life, but one New Year's Resolution ... years ago.. and I'm proud to say I've kept it ever since. smiley - bigeyes

What was it?

To never make New Years Resolutions. smiley - winkeye

PS

Post 9

a visitor to planet earth

I never make resolutions myself.

Key: Complain about this post