A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Songs that turn into other songs halfway through singing them to yourself

Post 61

Mystical Angel aka l'ange mystique - Patron Saint Of Silly Pole Dancers And Queen of the Space-Hopper!

Just thought of one meself...

Whilst sat in Spain, watchin naff mobile ringtone ads, One was for Vanilla Ices "Ice Ice Baby" (sad, i know) But its one of those that stay in your head for hours after smiley - grr

Anyway, one night lay in bed, i discovered, singing along to Ice Ice Baby that it automatically turned half way through, into... Wait for it.....

Cant touch this by MC Hammer!

How sad... Now its time for me pretty pink tablets, ill be alright in an hour or so smiley - laugh

Post 62

Mystical Angel aka l'ange mystique - Patron Saint Of Silly Pole Dancers And Queen of the Space-Hopper!

Ohh, and cant touch this has just turned into "Push"....I think it was called push anyway...Starts off "ooh baby baby, ooh baby baby..."etc

Who did that now? Cant remember for the life of me?

Post 63

A Super Furry Animal

It was called "Push It", by Salt 'n' Pepa.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 64

smiley - ta for that!

Thought i was going mad... Reminising into me childhood aint i.... All of about 10 when half of that was out i think.... Wish i hadnt found this thread now smiley - rofl Got me started on something smiley - laugh

Post 65

Emee, out from under the rock

There's a song by Primus about 'Winona' that turns into 'Cotton-Eyed Joe'.

Post 66

How could ANYTHING possibly turn into cotton eyed joe?
smiley - laugh Infact...dont worry, i think my heads hurting enough now smiley - laugh

Post 67

The Groob

'Help the aged' - Pulp

and 'Vincent' - Don Maclean

Post 68

The Groob

David Watts - Jam

and

Let's spend the night together - Rolling Stones

Post 69

Mu Beta

All Primus songs sound a little bit like Cotton Eye Joe.

B

Post 70

Spacecadet Jack (Supreme Commander in Cheif) [Major]

The thread.......... Its alive! BWUAHAHAHAHA *clap of thunder* ALIVE!!!!

Post 71

The Groob

I was just humming a song i think is called 'Beach baby' and it turned into The Farm's 'All together now'.

Post 72

The Groob

My Perfect Cousin (Undertones) turned into Friday I'm In Love (Cure).

Post 73

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

yeah im trying to think of some that i do theyre blinders one im prone to is its raining its pouring the old man is snoring atishoo atishooo we all fall down

Post 74

The Groob

For some reason I had the Mr Ben theme on the brain yesterday and it turned into Teddy Bears Picnic!

Post 75

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

nice one spinksy if i knew what either of them went like i could relate

Post 76

The Groob

My ewif is doing a malapopism at the moment and the interesting thing is she doesn't realise she's doing it. She starts by singing the manikin song from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ('What do you see...') and a couple of hours later she'll be singing the 'Sweet like chocolate boy' song.

Post 77

Lizzbett

That song that Mama Morton sings in Chicago (smiley - musicalnote Gotta little motto, always sees me through ... smiley - musicalnote) keeps turning into 'When I'm Cleaning Windows' by George Formbysmiley - erm

Post 78

equestrian_statue

When the chorus to "I'm every woman" starts, for a second I think that it's going to mutate into "Climb every mountain" and so I end up singing "Climb every woman" Every single time

Post 79

The Groob

I'm experiencing an interesting double malapopism at the moment. It's the Take That song 'Shine'. I find the verse turns into the verse of Maxwell's Silver Hammer - Beatles, and the chorus turns into the chorus of For No One - Beatles again. I wonder if they glued the two together to help them make up the track?

Post 80

The Groob

There's a song by Franz Ferdinand I think is called "Take me out" and it always morphs into "Here comes the hotstepper".

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more